So I remembered why I quit playing months ago

One word. Matchmaking. The matchmaking system for this game is utterly broken, and blaming it on the times when someone queues or whatever is bull. If I queue in the daytime or nighttime its the same. A game like this relies on decent matchmaking to be fun at all. I'm sorry but facing a full team of red-ranked survivors on a 16 hag is just a waste of time. On the same note, facing a rank 3 killer on a team of rank 15-20 survivors? Come on. Fix your damn matchmaking and fix it quick. The queues are terrible already, I guarantee another minute or two for a decent matchmaking system instead of this random draw bucket will not piss players off anymore than they are.

Less skins, more actual technical work. Thanks.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • When im done from work I can play a few games of survivor with my friends (if they are off from work then as well) but we can rarely do more then about 3 - 4 matches before the lobby times take too long.

    And sure, can play killer at that point, but that is such a different experience it might as well be a different game so at that point I tend to just start up Red Dead.

    playing a lot less these weeks

  • @Elunarie said:

    One word. Matchmaking. The matchmaking system for this game is utterly broken, and blaming it on the times when someone queues or whatever is bull. If I queue in the daytime or nighttime its the same. A game like this relies on decent matchmaking to be fun at all. I'm sorry but facing a full team of red-ranked survivors on a 16 hag is just a waste of time. On the same note, facing a rank 3 killer on a team of rank 15-20 survivors? Come on. Fix your damn matchmaking and fix it quick. The queues are terrible already, I guarantee another minute or two for a decent matchmaking system instead of this random draw bucket will not piss players off anymore than they are.

    Less skins, more actual technical work. Thanks.

    There is a possibility that the mmr is on again...

    So with the killer you play well, you will get matched with good survivors, but with the killer you dont play, you will face potatoes.

    The bad part, if its on, is that be did not say a thing...

  • I said a 16 hag. Literally I don't play hag unless I have to for the daily ritual points. Hag is slow, everyone cleanses totems.. there is literally no reason to play her except to do bp. There is no mmr whatsoever in this game. And that is good because if there was, it would not work anyway. You literally would have reds letting their ranks drop and coming back to tbag on everything. So basically ..the matchmaking is not matching anyone with anything except random from what I can tell. Red survivors are full teaming on rank 15-20 at times, the worst I have seen. Vice versa Red killers are being placed with new survivor teams.

    Fix the matchmaking.. hell actually put in matchmaking at all, because right now there is none. And when that is the case, that is when you get toxic survivors tbagging or toxic killers camping. In fact, while you are at it.. and actually making the most important part of a game like this.. why not make it so that survivors body-blocking hooks is not possible? Why not make it so that killers who camp cause their hook to degrade and release whoever is being camped? Why not make it so tunneling survivors causes a killer to lose points for the hook unless they switch targets? Why not make it so spending a ridiculous amount of time tbagging in the exit will cause the entity to block it entirely?

    Is this too difficult to code properly? Because in the end, people are toxic and like to have the fantasy that they have any skill at all in anything in their lives. Devs are essentially babysitters for their games. Do the work now and make it easier on yourselves later.

  • @Elunarie said:

    I said a 16 hag. Literally I don't play hag unless I have to for the daily ritual points. Hag is slow, everyone cleanses totems.. there is literally no reason to play her except to do bp. There is no mmr whatsoever in this game. And that is good because if there was, it would not work anyway. You literally would have reds letting their ranks drop and coming back to tbag on everything. So basically ..the matchmaking is not matching anyone with anything except random from what I can tell. Red survivors are full teaming on rank 15-20 at times, the worst I have seen. Vice versa Red killers are being placed with new survivor teams.

    Fix the matchmaking.. hell actually put in matchmaking at all, because right now there is none. And when that is the case, that is when you get toxic survivors tbagging or toxic killers camping. In fact, while you are at it.. and actually making the most important part of a game like this.. why not make it so that survivors body-blocking hooks is not possible? Why not make it so that killers who camp cause their hook to degrade and release whoever is being camped? Why not make it so tunneling survivors causes a killer to lose points for the hook unless they switch targets? Why not make it so spending a ridiculous amount of time tbagging in the exit will cause the entity to block it entirely?

    Is this too difficult to code properly? Because in the end, people are toxic and like to have the fantasy that they have any skill at all in anything in their lives. Devs are essentially babysitters for their games. Do the work now and make it easier on yourselves later.

    Hag requires a weird playstyle but is easily in the top 5 killers

  • @LastShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231378/so-i-remembered-why-i-quit-playing-months-ago

    There is a possibility that the mmr is on again...

    So with the killer you play well, you will get matched with good survivors, but with the killer you dont play, you will face potatoes.

    The bad part, if its on, is that be did not say a thing...

    No MMR is not actively used in matchmaking at all at the moment. It is running in the background collecting data, but that is all.