Camping the first survivor

I read in the forums many times, if you do camp the first survivor you get, you will most likely lose the game, because survivors act smart and do gens instead.

It would be interesting to research, if that is true or you will have an even higher win rate, because they aren't that smart.

The killer choice will affect the outcome as well. I think, if a leatherface camps, survivors are less likely to try to rescue the hooked one.

Comments

  • It would definitely be interesting to see, if I had to take a guess competent survivors would just do gens and all the saves would be BT related.

  • @BaldursGate2 said:

    I read in the forums many times, if you do camp the first survivor you get, you will most likely lose the game, because survivors act smart and do gens instead.

    It would be interesting to research, if that is true or you will have an even higher win rate, because they aren't that smart.

    The killer choice will affect the outcome as well. I think, if a leatherface camps, survivors are less likely to try to rescue the hooked one.

    Just watch the japanese "tournament" recently. All they did was facecamp at hook 1 and most games were 2 kills. I think survivors were not even on coms and average player rank was around green/purple so i think it kinda proves that average survivors are smart enough not to throw the game when killer is facecamping.

  • @vacaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231139/camping-the-first-survivor

    Just watch the japanese "tournament" recently. All they did was facecamp at hook 1 and most games were 2 kills. I think survivors were not even on coms and average player rank was around green/purple so i think it kinda proves that average survivors are smart enough not to throw the game when killer is facecamping.

    I think its because it was a tournament. I saw Otzdarva do a Camping-experiment with bubba. He got so many 4ks.

  • I was also gonna mention the Japan tourney. Most of the Killers legit camped the first person and they generally lost because of it.

    Also from my own personal experience, camping the first guy is a 2K at most against decent Survivors.

  • Most 4ks with a Camper are because of memes like Bubba who can insta-down, or SWF with their overly altruistic DS can save us attitude. That and potatoes are going to potato.

    There's also a lot of people who won't wait out the full hook -> sacrifice timer because "I'm not having fun, so I'll find another match". They end up suiciding and that releases the Camper to find another Survivor to camp. Me personally, I always wait the whole thing out and make sure to "wave" off anyone coming to rescue me.

    I will Struggle for the full timer as well, because in a decent amount of matches, the Camper has left the hook eventually and allowed someone to rescue me at the last minute. Doesn't always work out, but when the third, or possibly fourth gen has popped, they start to realize their strategy is trash, and they better put some pressure on the others. It almost always ends badly for them when they camp me first off, but it does happen when I get the hook divers and idiots who can't tell there's a Camper there, no matter how much exercise I do on the hook.

  • It's honestly a better strategy than most people give credit for. Which is somewhat unfortunate. You need to get a very fast first down, though, and be playing the right killers with the right builds

    A Corrupt Intervention + NOED + Bitter Murmur + [whatever perk] basically guarantees at least a 2k, if not a 3k or 4k if you are camping with Bubba. Otherwise survivors can probably finagle a save.

    But watch big streamers- a LOT of them win against decent 4man SWFs just by heavy proxy camping and virtually forcing hook trades. Most SWF teams are MUCH more altruistic than regular solos, so that's where you tend to catch them slipping up.

  • @BaldursGate2 said:

    I read in the forums many times, if you do camp the first survivor you get, you will most likely lose the game, because survivors act smart and do gens instead.

    It would be interesting to research, if that is true or you will have an even higher win rate, because they aren't that smart.

    The killer choice will affect the outcome as well. I think, if a leatherface camps, survivors are less likely to try to rescue the hooked one.

    Thing is that many times the survivors don't do generators. I took all 4 out earlier today pretty quickly after they rushed to save a survivor. Doesn't always go that extreme where the other 3 keep trying but it happens.

    Having 2 try and rescue the one is more common while only 1 is on gens which frequently which leads to failure in getting 5 generators done. In those situations I usually let the 4th go.