Why I'm quitting

So some background

I've played this game for almost 3 years. Aside from the first month or two where I really struggled I've generally done ok. Especially the past 2 years or so. Hung out at red ranks and faced many rank 1 teams. I've seen all the "genrush" complaints and while I sympathized, not all games were like that for me.

However I've had a break since October and I come back a few weeks ago and I think I've lost about 9 out of 10 games. 5 gens are done in what feels like around 3 minutes or so. If I was getting looped by a pro player and chasing 1 and ignoring the others I would understand but that's not happening, a lot of the chases aren't too bad at all yet the gens just seem unstoppable. I wouldn't think I would be in this position yet here I am.

Survivors no longer rush to hooks they want to finish gens. Some don't heal, they want to slam the gens. You don't even have time to hook survivors, if there's a gen nearby you hear them run over to it to work on it some more while you're busy carrying someone to a hook. Going on an entirely new chase will just allow the others to come pick up the downed survivor and finish the gen anyway.

It's at the point where again the chases aren't going too bad but there just doesn't feel like there's enough time against teams that insist on hitting the gens as hard as they can. The games feel impossible. Perhaps I'm meant to slug them all? which is what has been argued by tru3/otz recently but thats not fun for anyone.

Maybe I'm just bad I hear the survivors say. Ok well then how do I derank? not that it matters because you're put against rainbow ranks anyway, and again its not the chases that are a problem. Even short chases the gens just go pop, pop, pop.

I'm not having any fun and the game just makes me feel kind of bad. Like 3 minute gens, ENTITY DISPLEASED like I did something wrong? in other games it's obvious, the other team played well, they had better aim, they had better map knowledge, they had a faster trigger finger. In DBD it's....well the chases were short, I worked the best I could avoiding wasting time chasing survivors in strong areas, but the gens were mostly done before the game even started?

It's ridiculous. Anyway just wanted to give my 2 cents, peace out.

Comments

  • The game is a sinking ship with this dev team.

    The reason is: They are lazy. They have no competition and i am truly sure, they don't have any idea how to balance the game.

    The game is just made that way, that either the killer plays highly effective with camping / tunneling to get one survivor out of the game ASAP and smooth sail to his win afterwards or you play survivor never solo, because that is the most unbalanced thing in the whole game.

    I do not even play the game anymore, i just here for my amusement, looking at the same threads over and over again and it takes the devs ages to adress anything (like DS or Mori).

    If you really think that without competetion and this dev team, the game will be better balanced in the near furture, you must be really out of your mind.