How is it affecting your gameplay if a survivor is LGBTQ?

I don't get it. I don't even read the bios of the characters they put in the game, I play them whenever I want or only for the perks or their specific statistics (like breathing, height). If you had known a character was gay or bisexual, would you have still played them? It doesn't make sense.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • People are overreacting to a teaser of someone in a dress. that's all we have seen. a person in a dress with pretty colors.

    Maybe save your freaking out when they show off the survivor and stop being coy about it.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980272#Comment_1980272

    I try dude, I really do, but that's not something you forget, I try to act like I am okay about talking with people who are gay or lesbian, but I keep remembering what that sicko tried to do to me, he literally tried to force me to be gay. This is not a joke he literally harassed me into expecting it. On top of which he would've assaulted me in my own school! I just can't fully forgive, I just can't, I do have friends who are gay or lesbian but I don't ever want to talk about the subject of the matter ever. I'm sorry f it sounds pitiful, but I was just a middle schooler, I didn't ask for any of it,

    no that doesn’t sound pitiful. Who am I to judge you over that? I didn’t experience that or anything similar.

    but please try to find help, be it a therapist or a close (straight) friend, you need to find a way to live with other gay people without always feeling uncomfortable.


    also -I don’t want to be insensitive- but keep in mind this is something the LGBTQ+ community experiences in some form or extent as well- there are gay/lesbians forced to live a straight live, they are forced to hide their real personality, marry and have sex with the opposite sex etc. That is why (good) representation can help: People learn that being LGBTQ+ is normal and can be expressed in many different kind of ways. Every LGBTQ+ person is an individual person.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980281#Comment_1980281

    i am getting help, I did receive help after said incident, and still coping with it. Sadly he didn't get arrested or sent to Juvy and still attends my high school, but I got a restraining order on him so it did help. I am getting better I just wished not to talk about it.

    I'm very sorry to hear that this has happened to you and i can totally understand that you don't want to be reminded of that incident.

    Just remember that it was that persons fault and not the fault of the LGBTQ+ community.

    I wish you a lot of luck and strength to bring closure to that part of your history

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980119#Comment_1980119

    pretty much it alway the dumb heterosexual getting killed.

    how many thread are there going to be about this?

    Wait until the F13 DLC and then we'll see

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980297#Comment_1980297

    no that doesn’t sound pitiful. Who am I to judge you over that? I didn’t experience that or anything similar.

    but please try to find help, be it a therapist or a close (straight) friend, you need to find a way to live with other gay people without always feeling uncomfortable.

    also -I don’t want to be insensitive- but keep in mind this is something the LGBTQ+ community experiences in some form or extent as well- there are gay/lesbians forced to live a straight live, they are forced to hide their real personality, marry and have sex with the opposite sex etc. That is why (good) representation can help: People learn that being LGBTQ+ is normal and can be expressed in many different kind of ways. Every LGBTQ+ person is an individual person.

    Thank you for understanding, I did receive psychological help and still continuing, I have been trying to find a way to communicate to people who are gay or lesbian, and it's been for the most part successful but sometimes I do slip up. I get that people who are LGBT do feel forced or suppressed if you will. Honestly, I sometimes felt similar, I am a Christian, and straight, but I have nothing against gays, yet I tend to hear so much about these two things are 'oppressive to LGBT, honestly, I could give two shits less, yet you still had to point out that fact that it was straight people and Christians yaddy yaddy yadda. It makes me feel terrible as a person, and so I understand what it feels like to be oppressed for being labeled as a Christian, straight, or even White. So I think the ideas are not so different from one another

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980301#Comment_1980301

    I'm very sorry to hear that this has happened to you and i can totally understand that you don't want to be reminded of that incident.

    Just remember that it was that persons fault and not the fault of the LGBTQ+ community.

    I wish you a lot of luck and strength to bring closure to that part of your history

    Thanks man, however, I think him scarring me, was a bit overdramatic although he did leave a major impact on me, I don't blame the LGBT community for what happened, I blame myself mostly for not stepping up on the situation, then what could I have done, tell an adult wouldn't have done ######### then

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980265#Comment_1980265

    How do you know the next chapter is focused on it?

    the only official info we have doesn’t even say if anything LGBTQ+ will be added. The focus they are giving now is KPop/music, neon lights and a char who wears extravagant clothes, is involved in some kind of entertainment business and likes to drink coffee.

    Gay insinct. :)

  • Society is really pushing this line...

  • It won't affect my gameplay, but i'm expecting Survivors will send me some death threats in the chat for killing Alphabet Survivors

  • @Boss said:

    It won't affect my gameplay, but i'm expecting Survivors will send me some death threats in the chat for killing Alphabet Survivors

    And if not for that then they would have something else, like blaming you for killing people (survivors) of color or targeting only women or something.

    those kind of survivors will always exist and find something.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980411#Comment_1980411

    And if not for that then they would have something else, like blaming you for killing people (survivors) of color or targeting only women or something.

    those kind of survivors will always exist and find something.

    Not much of those in my case.

    Idk, just got a feeling this could turn things into that direction in my future experiences.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980421#Comment_1980421

    Not much of those in my case.

    Idk, just got a feeling this could turn things into that direction in my future experiences.

    I don’t experience that either but according to the forums it’s something pretty common.

    well, we will see if that turns out to be the case if the add a char that’s LGBT+. I am not really expecting that though.

  • @Boss said:

    It won't affect my gameplay, but i'm expecting Survivors will send me some death threats in the chat for killing Alphabet Survivors

    Well you shouldn't be receiving any hate. Unless you blatantly admitted that you killed said survivor for that reason.

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980411#Comment_1980411

    Well you shouldn't be receiving any hate. Unless you blatantly admitted that you killed said survivor for that reason.

    What should and shouldn't doesn't really matter, it'll happen.

    Anyway, it wouldn't bother me if that reason is added, my skin's not that thin.

1 2 ›