Hear me out on this hex/surveillance perk combo
So I don't have much time to play, I usually sit between killer rank 8 and rank 12 and don't have many teachable unlocked yet, but do have all the killers. But I like to feel like I'm fairly good at the game. I usually 4k against teams in my rank, and give swat red rank teams a run for their money.
So i recently started trying something new with pig (whom I suck with) and I went from barely getting 2-4 hooks to getting 4ks every game. I don't know if anyone has tried this combo out, but it has been good on pig and it would really shine on a high mobility killer.
Perk loadout: undying, TOTH, Ruin and surveillance has a lot of power. The point of it is to use surveillance and ruin to have a lot of gen slowdown AND gen info power. You don't get info right off the bat, bit as soon as you start pressuring survivors off of gens, you start getting heavy value. You always know when someone hope on a partially repaired gen, you know the second they hop off as you approach, and of course ruins slowdown.
Then you have undying and TOTH to protect ruin, seriously slow down cleansing speed, get alerts when they start on a hex totem, aura reading if they go for dull totems (which they will do because they want to cleanse the hex totems faster), undying for a 2nd chance if they do cleanse ruin, and then a red herring hex totem with TOTH because its not a big deal if it gets cleansed
Basically, if they try to finish a gen you pushed them off of, you'll know, and if they try to mess with your totems it takes forever, you get alerted and have time to go defend them.
Has anyone else tried out this combo since the recent rework of undying? If not, who wants to accept the challenge and tell me your results?
Comments
Ruin + surveillance is pretty good, but relies on ruin being up for at least 2.5 minutes.
Pig already has built-in slowdown, so I would be running perks that help you find survivors and kill them faster.
I get that this build isn't as great for pig, but the post is about this build on all killers, especially trap or high mobility killers. Hag traps, billy sprint, spirit phasing, windstorm wraith, blight, or twins would really let the build shine.
Yes, the totem location RNG could spread them out and make them easy to find and harder to defend, but if you remain vigilant about keeping the totems alive (even sacrifice a few gens in the early game if needed as long as you're getting hooks) it becomes very powerful at end game because you have less gens to defend so you're not spread so thin.
You say you have to be able to rely on ruin being able to last, but this build nearly ensures it. I was regularly able to walk clear across the map when I got a TOTH trigger because of the cleansing slowdown. 3 of my games they didn't cleanse a single hex totem because i was always there in time to contest the cleanse. In my 4th game against half red half purple ranks, they did get my ruin eventually. BUT I still 4kd because it took them about 8 minutes to get ruin after going through undying and TOTH, they had only done 1 gen because surveillance had me regularly contesting gens, and 3 of them were dead on hook. Basically, I always knew where to find a survivor because there was always someone cleansing or always someone repairing a generator that was regressing.
And while I did say I'm a good general killer, I am very new with pig and therefore for very bad with her. All the perks were only tier 2, i have played pig less than 10 times, I whiff my ambush attack 75% of the time, forgot to put RBTs on downed survivors 50% of the time, and completely forgot to think about surv pathing to jigsaw boxes.
Have you tried the combo recently? If not, would ya wanna give it a try with a mobility or trap killer and tell me how it goes?