Diversion and Spies
Anyone else sad that spies from the shadows just got even worse because you can't trust random sound notifications now? I know people used to say they wanted spies to have a different notification sound, and now that's starting to sound even better.
Comments
I've seen a video of someone using Spies, and it just looks too distracting. I've thought of an idea to rework it.
OLD: The Crows found in the world can communicate directly with you. 50/50/75 % of the time, cawing Crows give you a visual clue when you are within a 16/24/36 meters.
"In the shadows they torment, scarring our minds with each scream."
NEW: The Crows found in the world are easily startled by survivors. The chances of survivors disturbing crows is increased by 0/25/50%, and reduces the chances of the killer disturbing crows by 0/25/50%. Cawing crows can be heard from an additional 8/16/24 meters away. Stillness crows will congregate 50% sooner.
"In the shadows they torment, scarring our minds with each scream."
I saw a lot suggestion about a Spies rework. The one I liked the most was:
The Crows found in the world can communicate directly with you. Auras of Crows are revealed to you when within a range of 24/32/40 metres. Reduces chances of alerting Crows by 100 %.
"In the shadows they torment, scarring our minds with each scream."
That would make it a nice tracking perk with active tracking instead of relying on notifications. Still not 100% strong, but clearly beginner friendly.
I don't get why people think spies in the shadow is bad... to me it's the best perk in mid ranks (15-5). I found so many survivors trying to hide thanks to this perk. On contrary, I feel like crows are useless without this perk since it's really hard to know if it is you or a survivor who bother a crow, based on the sound (visually, it's clear, but it has to be in front of you ...).
I guess I need a 7.1 headset to be able to feel the difference, but in stereo, clearly, it's impossible to distinguish a crow I bother from a crow a survivor bothered.
I think you'll still sometimes scare crows even if you're crouching when you go as close as possible to them. I remember doing it a few times while crouching around a rock.
It would be very nice if spies from the shadows prevented Diversion from alerting you, a total counter to it.