Cross platform chat

Even if console players can't engage in the chat, I have to believe there is a way that they can be allowed to read comments.


DBD is a learning game and poor players need advice and correction if they are wrecking the games of others.


I just had a player heal me as I'm crawling out the exit gate. I could not get away from them and I was stuck. I just wanted to crawl out. Instead they start healing me and killer downs them and then carries me and hooks me. Sometimes I don't want to be healed if it is going to cost me an escape. I really wanted to let the other player know how and why they screwed up.

Comments

  • Someone has the wrong idea what chat is used for.

  • I think a aftergamechat for consoles would be great. More people would use that to be toxic and i would get less pms.

  • You know you can literally deny getting healed by holding your sprint key/button while crawling , don't you?

  • @Yamaoka said:

    You know you can literally deny getting healed by holding your sprint key/button while crawling , don't you?

    I thought you could, but that did not work in this case. It does not happen too often that I need to deny, I thought maybe they had changed it.

  • @stvnhthr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1970477#Comment_1970477

    I thought you could, but that did not work in this case. It does not happen too often that I need to deny, I thought maybe they had changed it.

    If they changed it then it's a terrible change.

    I guess you really have to inch forward towards the exit line immediately while the killer gets their 3 second cooldown after hitting the teammates who are heal-protecting you on the floor.

    Sounds like it was one of those moments where Tenacity would have made the difference.

  • I do hope PCrs stick around 13-14 min while I type out a reply with my controller, should we ever get full chat.

  • Theoretically the auto censorship is a step towards this as that would be a requirement for sony/microsoft before they would sign off on it. Then they just have to prove that they keep chat logs and hand out bans for reports.