Why do killers get punished so hard for a single chase?

I played a match and used OBS to time the chases in a match that is "evenly balanced" because it was a 2k match. My first chase started at 8 seconds into the match and concluded at 37 seconds into the match and a gen is already done. I will now list the times of my chases where I downed the survivor from shortest to longest for each survivor.

Surv 1- 9 seconds, 15 seconds, 29 seconds

Surv 2-12 seconds, 23 seconds, 27 seconds

Surv 3- 19 seconds, 25 seconds

Surv 4- 37 seconds

Why does the game punish me for this, as a survivor I love being chased but the game discourages chasing whatsoever. As you can tell the 37 second chase cost me the match but it was a semi infinite loop.

Also I was using Pop, Corrupt Intervention, Dying Light, and surge...

Comments

  • I agree with you that a decent survivor can waste enough time against most killer (not Nurse for example), without making risky plays.

    But how good a chase was does not depend only on the time for the down. Interrupting gens, chasing near gens and time to hook are other factors and theres more.

  • I mean...every game is different. Survivors obviously spawned together, probably had Prove Thyself and finished that gen really quick. That's not punishment for getting into a chase, that's just how the trials go sometimes.

  • is not that you just get punished is more like survivors can get their objective done considerably faster than killers can do theirs, in order to delay them a bit use very gen defense oriented builds. wich are the only ones viable against decent to good groups.

  • So you down 3 people in 30 seconds? Because that's when the average gen pops on red rank

  • It's the same reason why a survivor can get killed within 2-4 minutes into a match. The devs want to balance the game around everything finishing quickly.

  • I think the only reason I don't enjoy playing nurse is a survivor usually just walks up to me and crouches because they didn't wanna play nurse and the game starts out a 1v3 due to that survivor lol

  • good, killers don't deserve to get kills. the purpose of the game is for the survivors to have fun not the killers. The fact that 2 people survived is too much. Which killer were you, they need nerfed.

  • @ClearlySurvivor said:

    good, killers don't deserve to get kills. the purpose of the game is for the survivors to have fun not the killers. The fact that 2 people survived is too much. Which killer were you, they need nerfed.

    I'm pretty sure this is exactly how the balance lead for the game thinks

  • @Sand said:

    I played a match and used OBS to time the chases in a match that is "evenly balanced" because it was a 2k match. My first chase started at 8 seconds into the match and concluded at 37 seconds into the match and a gen is already done. I will now list the times of my chases where I downed the survivor from shortest to longest for each survivor.

    Surv 1- 9 seconds, 15 seconds, 29 seconds

    Surv 2-12 seconds, 23 seconds, 27 seconds

    Surv 3- 19 seconds, 25 seconds

    Surv 4- 37 seconds

    Why does the game punish me for this, as a survivor I love being chased but the game discourages chasing whatsoever. As you can tell the 37 second chase cost me the match but it was a semi infinite loop.

    Also I was using Pop, Corrupt Intervention, Dying Light, and surge...

    Because its not all about the chases but effectively putting as much pressure on a team as possible. At high ranks, you want to injure as many survivors as possible because that means most of the time, they will want to heal up/have a teammate heal them up before they resume the gens.

    Just watch some of the best killer mains, Hexy and Otz both distribute the pressure. They rarely stay on the same person for too long because they know there are 3 others that are potentially all on different gens. Injure the survivor, then move on to the next.

    I also recommend trying some different builds/perks. Recommend Ruin, Sloppy Butcher, Tinkerer, perks that have much more uptime & use.

    I'd swap out CI for sure, why take a perk that has 1 time use at the beginning of the game, after the CI goes away, you're effectively down to 3 perks. And survivors can just head to the other gens not locked anyways. At least w/ Ruin, you force the survivors to play around it or they have to give up time on gens to go looking for it.