Riddle me this BHVR

I am removed from a match, because YOUR game crashed, and I have a DC penalty, yeah it's only like five mins sure but that's not the point, your engine failed and now I'm punished for it? Makes sense...

Comments

  • The dc penalty was a half assed addition anyway

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If certain methods of leaving a game early were exempt from the DC penalty people would exploit them to quit without facing a penalty.

    what like then game engine failing? That can't be forced very easily and even when it is its probably about 1% of people who DC. But the crash report comes up and I have to suffer this "dc ban". 99% of the time a game crash is the engine's fault and we should not be punished for this!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1967039#Comment_1967039

    I'm sure it is not hard to crash DBD especially if there's an incentive to do it.

    Let's assume no one is exploiting this and you just have an unlucky hardware combination that's resulting in crashes, though. Should Behaviour fix the crash? Absolutely. Should you be punished for the crashes in the meantime? Yes. Your teammates and opponent still get their matches ruined when your game crashes. If your game keeps crashing you shouldn't keep queuing. If your game only crashed once, oh well, it's a short cooldown.

    It has only crashed once but the cool down isn't the issue it's that I'm being punished for something that's BHVR's fault

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1967039#Comment_1967039

    I'm sure it is not hard to crash DBD especially if there's an incentive to do it.

    Let's assume no one is exploiting this and you just have an unlucky hardware combination that's resulting in crashes, though. Should Behaviour fix the crash? Absolutely. Should you be punished for the crashes in the meantime? Yes. Your teammates and opponent still get their matches ruined when your game crashes. If your game keeps crashing you shouldn't keep queuing. If your game only crashed once, oh well, it's a short cooldown.

    You really missed the point here.

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    I am removed from a match, because YOUR game crashed, and I have a DC penalty, yeah it's only like five mins sure but that's not the point, your engine failed and now I'm punished for it? Makes sense...

    The game cannot tell if it crashed or not

    For you, you know that the game crashed, however the game saw that you left a lobby

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1967025#Comment_1967025

    what like then game engine failing? That can't be forced very easily and even when it is its probably about 1% of people who DC. But the crash report comes up and I have to suffer this "dc ban". 99% of the time a game crash is the engine's fault and we should not be punished for this!

    Yes because making a system to pin point accuracy that is able to tell exactly why you disconnect sounds simple enough to do.

  • For whatever reason, they can't detect the difference.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1967261#Comment_1967261

    I understand the point, I just think it's a little egocentric (which I don't mean as an insult - I just mean they're just focusing on their experience). OP is annoyed because they're on cooldown because of something beyond their control, but they're ignoring the fact that their crash probably caused four other people to have a terrible match. If it's a one-off crash, the cooldown is negligible so it's hardly a punishment. If you keep crashing, though, it does make sense for there to be a cooldown so that you don't continue to ruin other people's games by queuing when your game clearly isn't stable. Behaviour should still fix the crash ASAP, but in the meantime it is more harmful to let a person whose game keeps crashing queue than it is to discourage them from queuing with a matchmaking cooldown. It doesn't matter whose fault the crash is; it is what it is. It's all about making the best experience for the player base as a whole.

    You don't need to have an unstable game for it to be a problem. If it happens once every couple of hours that will add up fast.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    The dc penalty was a half assed addition anyway

    Actually it wasn't half assed at all. please tell me you have a working, programed solution to this? I am tired of people say how bad the system is, when they implemented the best option they had access to in order to deter the most egregious game exploits to dc. I've seen streamers intentionally kill DBD to "CRASH" the game and tried to play it off for pity points by their viewers. litterally they said " See? the game crashed and I am penalized." Funny thing, the viewers actually called his ass out and left his channel he went from 20 watching to 9 when he did that and then 8 when I left! If you have a better solution then present it to behavior!

    @Chchchcheryl said:

    I am removed from a match, because YOUR game crashed, and I have a DC penalty, yeah it's only like five mins sure but that's not the point, your engine failed and now I'm punished for it? Makes sense...

    Why did the game crash? did you investigate with their logs and your windows logs? I have had very few crashes of dbd, one in the last 10 months now, and before that it was almost 5 months, oh btw I investigated and all program crashes were related to windows making a call on the video card that caused the crash. Sure it came from the game but it was not the game that messed up, windows messed the call up. See that is the problem people see a program crash and blame the program but they lack the necessary information to research what the cause is because they 1) don't want to learn, 2) in some instances like dbd players in general want to blame the program that crashed and 3) have not wanted to look if they know how. If you have a game engine crash, you best send the report in and then submit a bug ticket so the devs can review the information and perhaps find out if the error that caused the crash is fixable or if it is client's computer that has the issue. One thing that can be possibly done if it's a crash is they might be able to remove the marks of disconnect from the account (not sure if the can) once you report it, but it is worth asking.