Lower perk power based on number of people in group

I hate SWF bullying as much as the next guy and I do understand that SWFs are pretty impossible to balance around because by balancing around them and weakening them, the solo players would suffer.

I would suggest perks having various power levels based on how many people are currently in a group. This could either be done manually by determining the value for each of the levels so that balancing could be done on specific group sizes and it wouldn't hinder solo players.

Or alternatively as a simplification, maybe decrease the perk ranks of the survivors by the number of players they're with in a group. This method would need to create one very bad tier 0 of every survivor perk which would be the bottom that's impossible to go beyond. This would mean that if I run Dead Hard tier 3 and group up with 2 different players, my Dead Hard would be downgraded to a tier 1 Dead Hard during the match. I mentioned lower tiers because in this case, if I were with 3 other people, I would have to be at tier 0 Dead Hard which currently doesn't exist and deactivating perks completely might be a bit much. If this were to be implemented, some perks such as Prove Thyself would need to be changed because these perks receive an identical bonus across all tiers and the only difference is the BP bonus.

This way, the balance of the game could be made better both around solo and around SWF play.

Comments