M. Côte, imma play something else for a bit

@mcote I've been playing dbd since Jenuary 2017, and right now I have 2000+ hours in game and thousands more seeing yt videos and twitchers.

I've taken many pauses during the dbd lifetime because I was not bearing anymore all the frustration of some patches, bad changes and glitches, the overall feeling within the community.

I am gonna do a really really HUGE thread with my opinion on dbd, overall, judging all the aspects of the game ( it will take some time, 1 day maybe)

But this patch really really made me loathing, more than the Twins realise. Other than the bad rework of the game (imo) where now it has 6/7 god pallets EVERY TIME, the new HUD is insanely confusing and really messes up my muscle memory.

The matchmaking isn't working, at rank 5 the last time I played it was 150 minutes in game, with cross play deactivated, of only really really bad players, and this is

the most frustrating thing between all of them.

The new animations confuse me as killer, I don't know when to do lunges or not, the hitbox desync means that

Even the survivors now are not playing properly against me

Huntress' desync is something disgusting, wi-fi hatchets literally (thank god huntress is not super popular)

And the new HUD is no minimalistic, too big and all around the screen.

I'm not gonna play dbd more than 1 hour/day or even week until this mess is fixed, I promise. Unless somehow I find something funny enough to do and not find always really bad players.

Graphic changes awesome as always, how skillchecks work with the new HUD is great, the creative/art team as always carries the rest while not enough small changes get processed for bad killers and balance decisions (why no 2 more default traps to trapper? Is it so difficult to change a number?)

So I'm sorry, but this time I'm leaving the game for a bit until new changes are done (and hope ds and OoO get nerfed geez)

You were aware that 90% of people hated the HUD in this state but didn't move a single thing to at least make it better ( and the HUD is not something that requires months and months to redistribute around the screen, that's a lie)

See you the next chapter, in the fog, with cross play deactivated still unless MMR changes are officially released hoping it actually rewards the winning condition, which is surviving for survivors, and killing for the killer. End of the story, it is not pipping, as described in the in game guides, but killing (which is what the entire game is right? Survivors vs Killer, not pip vs pip, because it's described as a "COMPETITIVE" game on steam,:so one side against the other)

See you guys, McLean (for always listening and being aware of the things in the game) and Jeff( my favourites, I like the nerdy ones), , mods, c.m. Not Queen and Peanits, and all those fog whisperers that actually pass on the forums once in a blue moon, dbd streamers, and all those people that actually care about dbd.

I'll miss you, bye bye.

Comments

  • Before the first maybe dumb comment, ain't leaving the game, read the whole post

  • Take his advice and play Civ it's really good! I just hope he meant Civ 5 (amazing) and not Civ 6 (kinda dull tbh)

  • I still play, but definitely not as much as I did and also not as long. My main issue at the moment is the matchmaking. I’m currently rank 2 and I’m finding it a lot where I’m against a rank 1 killer and my teammates are all rank 10 or below and they just get slaughtered. It’s just no fun for me not being able to do anything because my teammates are constantly down / hooked and I’m the only one going for saves.

    The upside is I’ve started making my way through some games I had on hold because DBD was distracting me lol. Currently playing Avengers and it’s actually really nice and peaceful playing a single player game lol.

  • well im planning to go with dragon age trilogy

  • Now like this the game is better to leave it for a while until they swallow their pride and decide to fix it at once.

  • @KiwiCoattails said:

    I still play, but definitely not as much as I did and also not as long. My main issue at the moment is the matchmaking. I’m currently rank 2 and I’m finding it a lot where I’m against a rank 1 killer and my teammates are all rank 10 or below and they just get slaughtered. It’s just no fun for me not being able to do anything because my teammates are constantly down / hooked and I’m the only one going for saves.

    The upside is I’ve started making my way through some games I had on hold because DBD was distracting me lol. Currently playing Avengers and it’s actually really nice and peaceful playing a single player game lol.

    Me fallout 4

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    @mcote I've been playing dbd since Jenuary 2017, and right now I have 2000+ hours in game and thousands more seeing yt videos and twitchers.

    I've taken many pauses during the dbd lifetime because I was not bearing anymore all the frustration of some patches, bad changes and glitches, the overall feeling within the community.

    I am gonna do a really really HUGE thread with my opinion on dbd, overall, judging all the aspects of the game ( it will take some time, 1 day maybe)

    But this patch really really made me loathing, more than the Twins realise. Other than the bad rework of the game (imo) where now it has 6/7 god pallets EVERY TIME, the new HUD is insanely confusing and really messes up my muscle memory.

    The matchmaking isn't working, at rank 5 the last time I played it was 150 minutes in game, with cross play deactivated, of only really really bad players, and this is

    the most frustrating thing between all of them.

    The new animations confuse me as killer, I don't know when to do lunges or not, the hitbox desync means that

    Even the survivors now are not playing properly against me

    Huntress' desync is something disgusting, wi-fi hatchets literally (thank god huntress is not super popular)

    And the new HUD is no minimalistic, too big and all around the screen.

    I'm not gonna play dbd more than 1 hour/day or even week until this mess is fixed, I promise. Unless somehow I find something funny enough to do and not find always really bad players.

    Graphic changes awesome as always, how skillchecks work with the new HUD is great, the creative/art team as always carries the rest while not enough small changes get processed for bad killers and balance decisions (why no 2 more default traps to trapper? Is it so difficult to change a number?)

    So I'm sorry, but this time I'm leaving the game for a bit until new changes are done (and hope ds and OoO get nerfed geez)

    You were aware that 90% of people hated the HUD in this state but didn't move a single thing to at least make it better ( and the HUD is not something that requires months and months to redistribute around the screen, that's a lie)

    See you the next chapter, in the fog, with cross play deactivated still unless MMR changes are officially released hoping it actually rewards the winning condition, which is surviving for survivors, and killing for the killer. End of the story, it is not pipping, as described in the in game guides, but killing (which is what the entire game is right? Survivors vs Killer, not pip vs pip, because it's described as a "COMPETITIVE" game on steam,:so one side against the other)

    See you guys, McLean (for always listening and being aware of the things in the game) and Jeff( my favourites, I like the nerdy ones), , mods, c.m. Not Queen and Peanits, and all those fog whisperers that actually pass on the forums once in a blue moon, dbd streamers, and all those people that actually care about dbd.

    I'll miss you, bye bye.

    I couldn't even play since my Console froze right at the start of the month. Pretty bummed out about it tbh.