Not Fun For New Players
I have been playing Dead By Daylight for a good few months now and I have noticed the game has a lot of issues that take all the fun out of playing the game. Now I am a higher ranked survivor and killer as I have only just started playing again after a month break so if you are lower ranked some of this may not apply to you.
-Matchmaking-
Matchmaking in Dead By Daylight has to be one of the most broken matchmaking systems I have ever seen in a game and that is no exaggeration. The amount of games I have been in as survivor where I have been put with the most sweaty killers that are Rank 5 skill wise but end up with rank 20s. Now I know that the Dead By Daylight developers have spoke out about this and honestly I think that makes it even worse. This has been an issue ever since I started playing and it is one great kick in the balls to all new players, and the fact that a game breaking issue such as this has not been fixed after months is appalling when it comes to game design. They always seem to be updating the animations and graphics but a bug of this size seems to never get worked on.
-Camping & Tunnelling-
Now this isn't really the developers fault because the toxicity of the community is not on them but I still think it should be mentioned and I think some things could be done to prevent this. Now I don't come across campers much but it is still an issue because it ruins peoples games and prevents one or two survivors from having fun. One of the biggest issues I have is with basement camping because I have come across killers that just hook as many survivors as they can in the basement and don't move one bit unless another survivor comes close. One instance of this was when I was going against a Demigorgon and he was not a good killer, and that's not me being toxic either he literally never used his ability once but still he killed all the survivors and hooked every single one in the basement and camped them until they died. Now tunnelling is the bigger issue because I get tunnelled in about 3/5 games by killers that are incredibly toxic. In instance of this was when I was going against a Wraith with my friend and my friend was first hooked after he spawned pretty much next to the killer, obviously we unhooked him and this was when the killer started targeting my friend until he died on hook. This killer went through the survivors one by one until they were all dead. Luckily that game I managed to escape through hatch because I was using William Overbeck. This is one of Dead By Daylights biggest issues in my opinion because honestly I could not do anything in these games. I think this could be fixed by making it so if you hook multiple survivors they will die faster, this will discourage camping and give other survivors to get people off the hook. When it comes to tunnelling I can't really think of a way to discourage it using game design but I am sure someone can think of a way. Now I know a few players would have it so campers and tunnellers are banned for an amount of time but in my opinion due to the mass of players that tunnel that would be impossible unless the amount of players that did this died down.
Honestly all these issues are ruining my gameplay on the game and I cannot have fun playing the game when I am put in games with toxic and sweaty killers or put in games with campers and tunnellers. These are issues and they need to be addressed not just looked over. We don't want a new outfit for Meg, we don't want a new killer. we don't want a new perk or offering what we want is these issues to be fixed and prevented. I don't really see the fun in playing as survivor when I just get hooked instantly by a sweat and then tunnelled afterwards.
Comments
Welcome to the DbD Community, you can't change anything to the fact there are toxic players :/
The matchmaking has always been ######### and I believe they are introducing a MMR system soon. The matchmaking takes forever to get into a lobby, and then when done you notice how it looks like a damn rainbow, earlier I had it where everyone was in green ranks apart from the killer who was a red rank, and this stuff happens all the time.
I don't like camping and tunneling in this game but it ain't going anytime soon as the devs have repeatedly mentioned that it is a game mechanic / strategy and that we should use perks such as DS and Unbreakable to counter it. Personally I don't like the strategy as it ruins the game for others but I can see why killers do it as it makes the games easier for them.
All i'm gonna say is, Welcome to DBD and we hope you enjoy your stay although you probably won't due to the recent updates being dog sh*t.
That's the developer fault for developing the game in this way, there's no way to have balance. You shouldn't complain how a Killer plays their match because most of the times, it depends of the Survivor he gets in his match.
If the Survivor are playing dirty, the Killer will also play in this way because otherwise he will lose. If the whole team is chill and not cocky, the Killer will be more "passive" and allow such things like free unhooks and heals and rarely slugs.
New players that never played the game probably don't know what they're even doing and will play in their way to have fun, so we can't judge them, until the time when they become conscious of their action in the match.
Now what you think when a new Killer starts playing the game, and all of his games are just people jocking with him and making them feel bad? Every. Damn. Game. They get tired of this, so they resort to some unlikeable tactics to earn something from that match. It's like getting beaten every day, one time you will not stand it anymore and will act, and so Killers gets these "bad habits" which are necessary because the devs made the game in this way, and so the Survivor also get the bad habits of insulting Killer who do this, so it's a endless loop of hate and toxicty.
As this Killer plays more the game, his hours and experience will increase and he will start to be more chill in his matches, since he won't be "beaten" by the Survivor anymore, and adapting his playstyle depending on the team he gets. That's everyone who has more than thousands hours.
Also you shouldn't considerer youself a "high ranked Survivor&Killer" until you have at least some 1.500 hours, because ranks in this game means nothing.
This is literally proof the matchmaking is broken. This is a game I played today as killer. Honestly I think the matchmaking issue is appalling for a game of this standard. You update the game again and again but you don't fix this issue which is a massive issue for new players. Higher Ranks should go against players on the same or similar level, Rank 11 & 10 is not a similar level to Rank 18. Fix your damn game if every other game can get matchmaking right so can you. You keep saying you are going to release an MMR System but I doesn't seem like it's your top priority, well it should be.
Matchmaking being bad is mostly due to a lack of players. There aren't enough players across all ranks to create balanced matches. And more to the point, you can reach red ranks on either side with maybe 100 hours played, but then you could get matched with someone who has over 5000 hours in-game at the same rank. That's not even remotely fair. Plus ranks get reset every month, meaning someone can take a few months' break from the game and come back at a much lower rank. They'd demolish anyone they get put against til they got higher in the ranks. Ranks need to go. It's that simple.
This MMR system the devs are working on won't be any better, by the way, and the fact that ranks are still going to be displayed will result in a lot more complaints about mismatched ranks.
Complain about camping and tunnelling all you want, but they're both viable (if unfun) playstyles. Same goes for the survivors who go out of their way to bully the killer. Players will always find the most annoying ways to play any game, and trying to stop it will do nothing but ruin it for those of us who want to play fair and have fun.
Introduce a mechanic that punishes camping? The survivors will find ways to abuse it. As for tunnelling, I'm sure you've seen survivors throw themselves at the killer or find ways to bait them into downing and picking them up so they can use Decisive Strike.
The best way to stop, or at least reduce, camping/tunnelling? Reward not doing it, instead of punishing it. Remove the silly 8000BP per-category cap, and throw in a bunch of extra BP for not camping and for chasing other survivors. As for survivors, give them extra BP for risky plays (bigger bonuses for safe unhooks in the killer's terror radius, for example) and actually working as a team. Maybe even give survivors bonus "distraction" BP if they're being camped/tunnelled, so that they at least get something out of their bad experience.
I fully agree with everything there. The game rewards camping and tunnelling in a way I mean look at the basement challenges and the BP you get from hooking players in there, it's just encouraging players to camp and tunnel rather than playing with skill.
Today I have to do tunel with spirit because I see the survivors want to do me genrush, I hook 1 survi and they fix 2 motors at the same time then I think sorry but I have to do tunel it's fair, I kill 1 survi they repair another motor and they didn't want to stop for looking the ruin 🤷, finally I win 4K someone angry insulted me and say stop to do tunel and baby killer etc., and I don't know baby killer? what's supposed to do in that moment? because tapp how was the survi that I tunel he have the perk to see hexs, If I let he lived he probably find my totem and after I would receive the t-bags in the door 🤷, I consider me a genrusher survi too, maybe the survivor need more things to do meanwhile they are not in chase because with the easy mode to do motors for the survivors how are not in chase the killers need to do tunnel is a fact and at least for me it's not with the purpose to be toxic, it's to balance survivor alive vs. motors fixed we need to stop to think that tunel is toxic but sometimes I know the killer do tunel (bubbas XD) when they are 0 gen fixed and that is sh*t I know but we are miles of players is difficult to teach all when maybe is fair to do tunel and when it's b*llsh*t
I know that it's bad for killer when you are a lower rank so I fully agree with you if you tunnel when 3 generators are done before you have even hooked 1 survivor. I mainly mean when people tunnel for the higher ranked players and pretend that they are actually good at the game. I myself have seen this when I was a low rank killer a couple months back in which I resorted to tunnelling and camping to win. Just to be clear I only do this in circumstances where all 4 survivors have toolboxes or flashlights and are in a call together gen rushing.