Killer pipping makes 0 sense
I had a 4k game where I didn't pip and I had a 1k game where I only got the kill because I camped the hook where I pipped up. I mean I know the devs say killers should be happy with 2k games but I definitely didn't deserve a pip for a camp for 1 kill? The survivors that game didn't pip, why would I get a pip for only 1 kill if they didn't get a pip for escaping? Then when I 4k I have to make sure to break half the pallets on the map and all the breakable doors to ensure a pip.
Comments
It's because DBD's ranking system isn't about just killing or escaping.
That's not the issue though, the issue is if I camp a hook I'm not doing anything if I'm actively killing all 4 survivors I am doing way more then sitting in front of a hook, but the game I spent a large chunk sitting doing nothing I pipped and the game I killed everyone and did multiple chases and kicked several gens I didn't pip. I think it's probably an issue if I get rewarded more for camping.
I don't know exactly what happened in those matches or even what rank these are. Google the emblems. Then figure out why it happened and then judge if it's right or wrong. With so little info you could've 1 hook killed everyone for the 4k. While, the camping was a long match of hitting and chasing only to camp a kill in egc
This is my bad for the misunderstanding I normally start discussions with "I'm a rank 1 surv and rank 1 killer with over 5k hours" so people know I don't have to Google what the emblems do
It's because they're stuck in this limbo of what is or isn't considered winning and trying to balance the two. IE pipping and killing.
The game to many people is fundamentally about killing but that leaves one side always feeling bad for losing which is where pipping comes in. Pipping is the way to make everyone feel like a winner whether they "lost" or not. "Participation trophy".
That said, the pipping system is needed and does serve a purpose. IE kills is not a good reflection of game balance or skill for a myriad of reasons, where as while not great of course, the pipping system is a better illustration of said things.
As you may clearly see a lot of this is contradictory with each other and doesn't sync well which is where the issue comes from. You could call this fundamental issues that come with an asymmetrical.