Should Ranks be Shown in the Lobby?
I know this has the potential of high ranking killers and survivors never getting matches but at the same time I’m curious if the ranking system should be shown in Lobby’s before a match. To make sure everyone is even and low ranks aren’t going up against a red rank killer or vice versa. Considering I’m Level 15 Killer and I’ve been getting red rank survivors it leads to just a miserable experience. I know though that this would be open to abuse but I’m open to hearing other opinions.
Comments
Ranks wouldn't really matter when MMR comes in so when people start to complain about rainbow ranks, they might hide the rank altogether.
Rank is entirely irrelevant at this point; it has been so for some time. When the fabled MMR system finally appears (and hopefully is working) there will be a whole new way Players are rated and placed in opposition. If it works (and that is a BIG if) bad matches should be a bit rarer. *Of course I'm still amused and wondering how they plan on matching up SWF, i.e. are they going to use the weakest rating on the team or the strongest. I think it should be the strongest, or they will have made Smurfing base kit to the game for SWF.
I feel your pain pulling all those Red Rank, but I assure you that is sadly the norm and was the same for me. If it makes you feel any better, a lot of those Red Rank are no better than potatoes. I was in a game the other day where I was torturing the Survivors. It became clear to me that somehow I'd been matched with total newbies, or at the very least it was a "taste the rainbow" situation. I immediately took my play down MANY notches to at least let them get some points and learn something. Turns out that wasn't necessary....
These guys were all Red Ranks. How? I don't know. Had I known they were "supposedly" Red Ranks I would have killed them all in the first five minutes rather than stretching the game to 20+. They were SERIOUSLY that bad. Long story short (too late), the color Ranks are entirely meaningless, and I would just ignore them and play the game.