I really [bad word] hate updates these days....

4.5.0 patch. Getting errors from EAC saying my files were changed. Needed to redownload 16 GB content.

4.5.1 patch. Just downloaded the patch, and getting the same error AGAIN for NO REASON.

image.png

Are you kidding me right now??? Am i going to download 16 GB for [Bad Word] NO REASON AGAIN for a simple BUG FIX??

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Verifying your game files shouldn't take that long unless you have a really slow internet connection or computer.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    4.5.0 patch. Getting errors from EAC saying my files were changed. Needed to redownload 16 GB content.

    4.5.1 patch. Just downloaded the patch, and getting the same error AGAIN for NO REASON.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/W70UYQUPOJ6K/image.png

    Are you kidding me right now??? Am i going to download 16 GB for [Bad Word] NO REASON AGAIN for a simple BUG FIX??

    Although it is not 16 Gb for me, I hate that this error occurs way too often even without any update or patch. You can play three games or more and then, all of a sudden, games gives you this crap. I thought that it was due to me using custom perk icons, but I guess not. So annoying to verify the files, it still takes time when what I want to do is just play the damn game!

  • @InsaneCoaster said:

    Verifying your game files shouldn't take that long unless you have a really slow internet connection or computer.

    The problem isn’t verifying. The problem is after verifying, the game fails to verify some of them, and ask you to redownload them again

  • @madamretto said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/228011/i-really-bad-word-hate-updates-these-days

    Although it is not 16 Gb for me, I hate that this error occurs way too often even without any update or patch. You can play three games or more and then, all of a sudden, games gives you this crap. I thought that it was due to me using custom perk icons, but I guess not. So annoying to verify the files, it still takes time when what I want to do is just play the damn game!

    I don’t even open my local file of change anything in there. I don’t get why I’m getting these errors.

    Something is definitely wrong in the patch. The verification says they can’t recognise some of the files, for no reason.

  • Usually if that happens something has become corrupted during the download itself, so when you verify, it realises files are missing/corrupted and then it needs to redownload, It might be worth you clearing the Steam cache to try to prevent this issue from occurring.

    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638#:~:text=From%20your%20Steam%20Client%2C%20open,to%20login%20to%20Steam%20again.