Stop saying "'nerf' Spirit"
Just going to ask a straight forward question to the people who want Spirit "nerfed": are you asking for a buff to compensate? It doesn't sound like you are because of the way you're wording your logic. I feel like a lot of people need to realize balancing things out doesn't always necessarily mean nerfing them. Let me educate a lot of survivor mains that the definition of "nerf" is "to decrease the power of something." Why does Spirit need to be a weaker killer? I main Spirit and agree she needs some tweaks but it's not impossible to keep her as strong as she is while balancing her out.
I've seen many people make proposed changes to Spirit that have so many flaws in it that it makes me feel like they have never played Spirit before. I remember watching this one guy on YouTube that ranted about how "OP" and "easy" Spirit was and proposed that they should bring back the breathing bug along with having a fatigue coming out of phase similar to what Nurse and Legion has. As you expect, I didn't hear about any buffs she can receive to compensate. These two changes would immediately drop Spirit down to B-tier and would honestly make her just as hard as Nurse in some situations. Honestly wouldn't really mind if she was almost as hard as Nurse as long she's still on Nurse's level of strength. Adding a fatigue to Spirit's kit is such a big addition that you'd almost have to make Wakazashi Saya (purple reappearance add on) base kit to balance it out. I've also heard people say Spirit shouldn't be able to hear survivors while phasing. Spirit relies so much on audio that this would about kill her. All survivors need to do against Spirit is to make distance and double back as soon as they see Spirit stand still if she couldn't see or hear them.
I really don't mean to be rude when I say this, but if you don't play Spirit, then your ideas for her probably aren't going to be good, and this applies to every killer. If you do want to brainstorm good ideas, play Spirit more often and you'll get a better understanding of what would be best for her. Also, for the love of Jane Romero's thickness, please stop saying to nerf a killer without proposing something in return. That right there proves to me you're only for one side. Not saying there aren't people that are bias towards the killer side and think that Spirit's flaw in giving the survivors little information is balanced. There are definitely a lot of Spirit players that ruin the reputation of my waifu because of their toxicity and entitlement. We can all ignore those people and the survivor mains that do the same and have a civil discussion about this topic.
EDIT: Ok so I’m not sure why this old thread is getting publicity but let me just say that my views for Spirit have changed quite significantly since I posted this. Back then, I understood that Spirit was an unfair killer and that she needed changes but I was still bias towards her. Just wanted to add this before people wrote comments disagreeing with an irrelevant post that happened almost 4 months ago.
Comments
Wait, wasn't there a comment of mine on this thread?
The problem is Billy was a "fun" killer who was also very strong for most of his lifespan he was easily in the top 5 especially when add-ons were included, crack Billy was well...cracked, however when they added the overheat and changed his add-ons they removed a lot of the "fun" factor from him.
So even for people who ran him addonless as a kind of handicap to improve with his base kit and made every 4k just a little more satisfying. Remember Milly a term for a Billy who'd dare to use his M1 attack instead of chainsawing everything even when unnecessary, people did that because it was fun to do and now doing that gets you slapped in the face with a period of not being able to use your power because you committed the grave crime of....using your power.
And to add insult to injury almost all of his new addons were lame and not good.
Bring back the breathing bug. Nothing else and no counter buffs. The breathing bug provides counterplay without making her weaker.
Lmao I guess no one understands that this was almost 4 months ago and I have different opinions from before.
I do.
Glad you do :)
Yeah I understand that now. Look at the date when I posted this.
How about no. Hag deserves to get booted more.
definetely not
Why would you remove a character that BHVR spent a lot of time and resources to make anyway? I think the better solution would be to fix Spirit’s issues, wouldn’t you think?
eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh not really
everyone has different tastes. you think she's ugly I like the japanese ghost vibe. depends on what you mean by dumb or lame as well. If that's just referring to her power not having counterplay again that's just an issue with her power and not her herself.
You’re very selfish tbh.
is there an issue with that.
I have a feeling I know where this is leading to and I really don’t like it.
ok I'm just going to stop talking then on the case of whatever your thinking of because we want to avoid that thing.
- In a stream show-casing the development of The Spirit, it was mentioned that she cost the Developers about 30,000 Dollars to create.
Removing Spirit? In your dream.
wait really?