Killer Tier List (read description)

SmartSelect_20210215-183449_DuckDuckGo.jpg

(No perks or add-ons considered. Based on strength against experienced and efficient survivors.)

Comments

  • I would probably move Huntress up to A and Ghost Face up to B but other than that, this list is pretty good.

  • Demo to C, Trapper to C, Legion to D.

  • I'd move Michael up a tier, but aside from that I agree.

  • DBDKillerRanks001.png

    Ghostface and Pig are iffy for me, and I totally wouldn't mind moving them to another tier. Still, I'm pretty set on this list and have been for a while. Clowns update doesn't change my opinion one bit on him.

    Edit: I should point out that it's also in order from left to right. Left means close to moving up a tier, right means bottom of that tier.

  • Not a wholly disagreeable list, though I think ranking Killers with the attempt of saying "no addons, no perks" is a bit of an iffy premise I don't really agree with using for a tier list. Saying "I won't consider outlier addons like Tombstone Piece or Iridescent Head" is totally fine, but you get into some weird situations if you use outlawing Perks/Addons entirely as your premise, and you'll never be able to completely remove your bias of associating Killers with what they're capable of doing with their Addons.

    For example, Demo and Trapper effectively have 1 addon slot with basekit features from their Common addons. Many Killers have unique Perk interactions they use to boost their effective power level, such as Deathslinger with M&A or Demo with STBFL. Doctor's URs aren't really outliers like Iridescent Head, but they can boost his power a fair bit.


    In any case, it's generally just semantics because listmakers will inevitably take Perks/Addons into account even if they're not realizing it, and the meat and potatoes of what makes a Killer powerful is their Power irrespective of Perks/Addons anyway.

  • Good use of traps and some luck with RNG and halting progress on Survivors doing puzzles can create a ton of pressure and slowdown that the Pig can use to pull victories. That said, I DID say Pig is iffy. I don't have a ton of experience with her. In fact, she's one of my least played Killers, and I'm not very familiar with her meta. For that one, I more or less looked to other players that have a larger wealth of playtime, experience, and meta knowledge than I to come to that. However, I'm completely okay with someone suggesting a different spot on the chart.

    Edit: Also, for Billys spot, I very honestly looked at his performance after his nerf and could not really justify putting him above those Killers. Pig being the obvious one that I'm not sure on.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1948261#Comment_1948261

    RNG is always inconsistent, so I wouldn't take it into account on tier lists. Sure it's a wonder if everybody has to search 4 boxes to get the trap off, but this is extremely rare.

    I'd say after the nerf Billy is still a very solid low A tier killer. He has the 2nd best mobility in the game and a strong built in instadown.

    It's possible. I think his win rate has dropped significantly since then, and many old Billy mains moved to other Killers because the nerfs destroyed some good builds. It's all opinion at the end of the day, no real right or wrong answer... except that Spirit is extremely strong without the learning curve Nurse has.