The Clown update was a huge disappointment

Let me start by saying I was one of the......5 people that played Clown? he was one of my most picked killers by far.

This update address none of the complaints people had with him. Sure he has 2 bottles now but it feels more like an alternative style or optional rather than a fundamental part of his kit. Yeah he can use yellow bottles at some loops but it's cumbersome and just results in you needing to reload twice as much. It's simpler to just throw on flask of bleach and use him as he used to be as it gets the job done just as well.

He lost a number of his good add ons in return for this. His base power was a bit weak so using either 10% ether or flask of bleach was always good. Now he only has 1 which means you can't alternate them per game which means more grinding bloodwebs for 1 specific add on. His lost his grey ether which I liked to make his power useful when I was just expecting a chill game and didn't need the green version. He also lost exhaustion add ons which means even if you gas them now they can still make a pallet thanks to Press E to outplay perk.

So he loses some good add ons in return for a power that feels a bit pointless and unwieldy and a shorter reload.

I mean yeah you can kinda play him like old clown but then it feels like I'm playing half a killer. Its hard to explain but the bottom line is I don't want to play clown anymore. I have around 2.3k hours in the game, played all killers but would bet I had more hours on clown than any other and now I just don't want to play him anymore. So thanks for that I guess. I'm assuming he's done too and there won't be any major updates for him before the end of the games lifespan.

Comments

  • Yeah they could have done much more. But good that they did not make him a lot stronger because then he would have been fun for a while, and survivors would complain and then he would get nerfed. Now he won't get nerfed so that is something positive.

  • @DBD78 said:

    Yeah they could have done much more. But good that they did not make him a lot stronger because then he would have been fun for a while, and survivors would complain and then he would get nerfed. Now he won't get nerfed so that is something positive.

    I think his post is saying that Clown already got nerfed and that he feels like he is playing half a character by only using purple bottle as the yellow bottle is unrewarding. It looks like its clown main player that well... gave up on his own character.

  • The yellow bottle could be useful but in his current state is useless. Due to it rewarding survivors to as when used clown and survivor can both get the speed boost its completely useless as you still cant catch up to the survivor, then a bottle is gone and you have less. Its too much of a risk the yellow bottles than a reward. Also. when using it to go hang someone like in the meat plant map it can also be useless cause surprise surprise you have ran into a dead end of a iron and unbreakable door.

    I think as a survivor main it should not affect survivors (they should not get speed boosts).

  • it's a huge downside allowing survivors to get a speed boost with the yellow

  • Let's face it, they nerfed him... who is going to be nerfed next? Pig?