Should players be notified if a report results in a ban/suspension?

Many people believe the reporting function is simply there to give people a vent, but is not actually used to investigate gameplay abuses.

Personally, I would appreciate the devs increase community involvement in abuse reporting by:

1) Being notified if a report results in a suspension or ban; and

2) "poor sportsmanship" be penalized by prioritizing matchmaking with other "low sportsmanship rank" players.

Thanks in advance for the opinions!

Comments

  • Yeah, I do agree that the person who sent the report in should be notified, that way you don't feel like the report system is a joke.. which most people do (including myself).

    On PSN, if you report somebody & it goes through, you will get notified saying that the report has been processed & action has been taken. Even if they didn't get banned, atleast you felt like you did something. I actually take PSN's guidelines seriously because of this.

  • Would also be cool to get a bloodpoint award for filing a hacker report to BHVR support w/ a video, would encourage people to report hackers more often.

  • This would be poggers.