I don't call them toxic

I call them killers, expecting nothing less than a brutal hunt to take all my chances away and collect my life. The thought of guaranteed opportunity over situationally based decisions sounds like predictable AI from every other horror game, boring. I don't see camping, tunneling, or any other killer behavior being toxic because it's only my perspective in-game. What I see is a monster hunting us down and the necessity to use all available resources to avoid them. Maybe I get one Chase maybe I get 20, but this is based on my skill versus their's and I'm not counting on game mechanics to account for my shortcomings.

How do other survivors expect see variety and interesting games when challenges are met with calls for rigid predictable play limitations?

Comments

  • I think it should be clear to everyone, that 87.

  • Bro it's not that deep, the killer is just another player like you and I. That being said I expect them and survivors to not be malicious and or toxic to each other. I don't believe in "Survivors rule book" or whatever it is they call it but camping, tunneling and slugging do put people off. The same can be said about farming your teammates as survivor, gen rushing and tea bagging/disrespecting a killer.

    Now I know people say that camping, tunneling and slugging are valid strategies and I get that and agree it's just when killers take them to the extreme that it becomes toxic behavior, eg. slugging all 4 survivors and forcing bleed out timers (Why?), tunneling one person out that did nothing wrong and hitting them continually on the hook and being toxic in egc or camping someone to literal death.

    I don't mind if killers employ some of these tactics to lesser degrees but I and others are allowed to be perturbed if a killer really goes overboard with it lol same can go for survivor sided things.

    But anyways my stance is we're all people playing this game together and we should all be more respectful instead of perpetuating the cycle of hate but that's just my 2 cents. Not a fan of killers who are out to ruin a gaming experience for others and the same goes for survivors who bully killers yall need to stop it.

  • @ukenicky said:

    Bro it's not that deep, the killer is just another player like you and I. That being said I expect them and survivors to not be malicious and or toxic to each other. I don't believe in "Survivors rule book" or whatever it is they call it but camping, tunneling and slugging do put people off. The same can be said about farming your teammates as survivor, gen rushing and tea bagging/disrespecting a killer.

    Now I know people say that camping, tunneling and slugging are valid strategies and I get that and agree it's just when killers take them to the extreme that it becomes toxic behavior, eg. slugging all 4 survivors and forcing bleed out timers (Why?), tunneling one person out that did nothing wrong and hitting them continually on the hook and being toxic in egc or camping someone to literal death.

    I don't mind if killers employ some of these tactics to lesser degrees but I and others are allowed to be perturbed if a killer really goes overboard with it lol same can go for survivor sided things.

    But anyways my stance is we're all people playing this game together and we should all be more respectful instead of perpetuating the cycle of hate but that's just my 2 cents. Not a fan of killers who are out to ruin a gaming experience for others and the same goes for survivors who bully killers yall need to stop it.

    When I play Killer, my job is to sacrifice as many Survivors as possible. To do that I will herd, camp, tunnel, slug, and even Mori if it is appropriate to a specific match. It is nothing personal. These are just tactics, most of them niche, with their upsides and downsides. I down the next weak person in front of me, i.e. the next most efficient target. It is nothing personal. The only thing I have to be a good sport is:

    1. Don't cheat, either by hacks or lag spikes.
    2. Don't disconnect; if I start a game, I finish it.
    3. Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.

    That is all it takes to NOT be toxic. No use of any legal tactic, no matter how heavy or how light, is extreme or crosses the line. That is why they are called "legal" and "valid" tactics. Likewise, I don't complain about Survivors body blocking, or sneaking up behind and in front of me crouched where I can't see them to prevent me from hooking their friend. I don't complain about getting window-teched, or them choosing to (99) the gates. I don't complain about the Gen-Rush either. Doing all those things is THEIR job. In short, there is no "overboard" as you refer to it.

  • @ukenicky

    Your right we are all people, which is why I support any killer's decision to play as whatever kind of monster they wish. In the horror theme there are so many variations to the description of monster/killer. Some go straight for quick and brutal slaughter while others toy with their victim's endurance for suffering. Playing as survivor, I find it enjoyable when killers get creative and provide matches with situations requiring thought and abnormal risks. It's through these abnormal challenges that survivors can't see their own shortcomings as a player. The survivor meta is strong with traditional opposition but also leaves you open when killers play outside their expected actions.