800 hrs in my rant and opinions on balance and stuff.

Red rank on both sides try to mostly using fun perks that I enjoy over the try hard meta perks. Unless it's some meme combo build. Enjoy playing killer more than survivor.

Spirit: I cannot stand Spirit as a survivor player, majority of the games I find myself either killing myself on hook early or D/C as I can't stand the unfair BS she brings. Likely one of the most hated and unfair to play against in the game. Her power gives survivor no information at all, there's nothing to react to other than try to mind game. If she's running Stridor with good head sets nothing you can do you just die. She needs something to allow survivors some means of reacting and counter play options. That bug months ago when you could hear her while she's phasing, let's just pretend that was a temporary nerf. Did it make Spirit more fun to play as or against? No i couldn't play during that time, Nov/Dec i was working like 70-90 hrs a week so couldn't played during that time.

Freddy: A little more fair to play against, but he's so oppressive and easy to snowball out of control. Has a low kill floor and skill ceiling to be good with him. Took me a long time, but I'm convinced now that the reason why he's so strong is because of his ability to teleport to any gen with so little cost. Hook -> BBQ -> Pop -> start new chase. Far faster than any other killer maybe faster than Billy. An idea i had of how to nerf without making completely breaking him (maybe) just make his teleport a little like Demo. How? His powers only works within the dream state expect his teleport and survivors aren't put into a full but half dream state. DBD lore thing. So how about Freddy can interact with any 2 gens and place them within the dream realm a 3rd gen and the older gen will be removed so only 2. Survivors can interact normally with them, but will have a visual difference and Freddy can teleport only to the gens that he pulled into the dream realm. It'll open options for both sides, survivor want to abandon the gen and work on something else? Freddy want to watch this or that gen? Should raise his skill floor up a bit.

Other killers: Cowboy, Twins, Nurse I really don't mind them that much since you can properly react to them and Nurse as an insane skill floor requirement to be good with her.

HUD: I don't mind the new design of it, but I hate the new lay out. There's information all over the place in every corner and side of the screen. It's more like a mobile phone game now instead of having the majority of the information that you need to know in one corner of the screen. The new red on red exhaustion debuff is bad, should be red over grey imo.

Hex: Undying: I have mixed feelings about this perk, before the change. It had a lot of good and bad sides to it one of those "something we needed for the game, but not what we wanted" kind of things. It forced another objective on the survivors instead of just gen rushing, but the worst case chance that you had to pop 5 totems to get rid of Ruin was horrible. It was really good for killers that were slow or had no mobility. Killers were more likely to roam around the map and not had to worry much about 3 gen. After the change it's... ehhh usable with Hex perks that uses tokens, but with other totems like Ruin or other that don't use tokens why would I bother using this perk now? Hex: Haunted Grounds would be a better alternative, once HG pops everyone is exposed and chances are they all become more paranoid and less likely to be doing gens.

Gen Speed: Again I got mixed feelings about it and I have no idea how to fix it either. It's all up to the Survivor players they can rush and there's nothing killer can do about it or they can be all potatoes and not get any done. If there is any changes the Devs need to be extremely careful about it. It can be completely broken against certain killers. It could be a great change for killers with little to no mobility, but high mobile killers gens will never be finished.

Grind: It sucks, survivors earn less blood points compared to killers, but killers require way more. For survivors since there's no difference between them other than visuals and audio can just pick one survivor and dump BPs into him/her and play only that one. Killers though since they are all different each one of them requires different perks and add-ons. Getting all of the needed perks on the killers can take a very long time. I only prestige them once and then try to get all the needed perks. Other killers I don't like I just take their teachable and give them nothing after lvl 40. Help remedy the grind a bit why not just have all offerings be in a shared pool between killers and another shared pool for all survivors?

Comments