Anyone else sees that the dc penalty can be counter productive sometimes

Ok and before anyone complains that I'm satly and you are the exact reason the dc penalty is in place I barely dc but sometimes I just feel like it doesn't make sense like first game as bubba today lyeres granted i played that game through but 2sd game nurse pale rose swamp and the entire game i wasn't enjoying a second of it and i saw no reason to stay but now I have to wait 15min to get into another match so i can warm up with nurse ontop of the like 4min ques and it's just annoying because either i just sit here typing this or i go play another game

I do think the dc penalty is a good addition to dbd granted they should do something about first hook suicides

But it seems counter productive sometimes because i want to practice but when you get the worse map for your killer it's pretty hard to practice and warm up and its reall a turn off when you aren't enjoying a second of your game just to be slapped with a 15 min match making penalty

Comments

  • Sometimes I think dcing is the appropriate action. When a player is being toxic or mean-spirited then dc is the wise choice. When a killer slugs all 4 survivors and refuses to hook them and holds the game hostage it makes sense.


    I don't think it should be used simply if you are not having "fun." In those cases just ignore the survivors, set down your joystick and come back in 5 minutes. The game will be over and you will not receive the DC penalty.

  • @stvnhthr said:

    Sometimes I think dcing is the appropriate action. When a player is being toxic or mean-spirited then dc is the wise choice. When a killer slugs all 4 survivors and refuses to hook them and holds the game hostage it makes sense.

    I don't think it should be used simply if you are not having "fun." In those cases just ignore the survivors, set down your joystick and come back in 5 minutes. The game will be over and you will not receive the DC penalty.

    I mean is the game really worth playing if you aren't having fun with bs maps like swamp haddonfield rotten fields and the new game

    Edit ya know I think Mathew was on to something when he said maybe play another game

  • @onemind said:

    Ok and before anyone complains that I'm satly and you are the exact reason the dc penalty is in place I barely dc but sometimes I just feel like it doesn't make sense like first game as bubba today lyeres granted i played that game through but 2sd game nurse pale rose swamp and the entire game i wasn't enjoying a second of it and i saw no reason to stay but now I have to wait 15min to get into another match so i can warm up with nurse ontop of the like 4min ques and it's just annoying because either i just sit here typing this or i go play another game

    I do think the dc penalty is a good addition to dbd granted they should do something about first hook suicides

    But it seems counter productive sometimes because i want to practice but when you get the worse map for your killer it's pretty hard to practice and warm up and its reall a turn off when you aren't enjoying a second of your game just to be slapped with a 15 min match making penalty

    It would be nice if they could tell the difference between a genuine DC and a salty rage quit but as far as I know, they can't. Normally I'm against DCing unless someone is clearly cheating. If you aren't having fun you are free to DC but you will get hit by a penalty. If you keep doing it, it gets worse. That's all on you. There will be games where you aren't having fun. It doesn't mean you can leave without consequence. Id rather a few people deal with a 5 min ban from an actual DC then people leaving left and right because the killer is spirit, bubba, nurse, they missed their DS, they got hit, <insert every other thing survivors complain about>

    I too want them to do something about first hook suicides but I don't know how they can tell they gave up.

    Also please learn to use periods. Your entire thread looks like one long sentence.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/227185/anyone-else-sees-that-the-dc-penalty-can-be-counter-productive-sometimes

    It would be nice if they could tell the difference between a genuine DC and a salty rage quit but as far as I know, they can't. Normally I'm against DCing unless someone is clearly cheating. If you aren't having fun you are free to DC but you will get hit by a penalty. If you keep doing it, it gets worse. That's all on you. There will be games where you aren't having fun. It doesn't mean you can leave without consequence. Id rather a few people deal with a 5 min ban from an actual DC then people leaving left and right because the killer is spirit, bubba, nurse, they missed their DS, they got hit, <insert every other thing survivors complain about>

    I too want them to do something about first hook suicides but I don't know how they can tell they gave up.

    Also please learn to use periods. Your entire thread looks like one long sentence.

    Ok will do.