lets talk about the new camera

is it only me or is the new camera placed closer to the players (most noticeable on the survivor but also it seems to have less FoV on the killers)


from past experience, I would have easily seen the survivor's legs while moving around with my camera almost pointed at horizon, but with the new camera system it seems like that I have to look below horizon to see where I am walking. this makes me have less visual on the entire map if I have to look for totems/traps/etc nearby and feels weird

also with the new walk and running animations (characters seem taller it seems) and this camera angle, my character is blocking parts of the screen that I used to see and make decisions about where it is I am going and when it is I am vaulting/dropping palettes/etc, now I have to make adjustments and keep moving the camera around to see what is in front of my character.

lets also point another annoying issue that I have with the new camera, before I can even see the killer's red glow behind me I can get a hit. the camera feels too close to the character in my opinion.


crouching camera is also problematic, when you crouch the camera lowers itself and you will have far less information about your surrounding, in few places I had to stand up just to see if the killer was moving away or coming my way since the camera decided to come so low, my FoV was like blight as a survivor (couldn't see over map debries stack)


dying camera is the worse in my opinion, how are you supposed to look for a hatch when you are so low on the ground that you can't see past your nose? so now when you are slugged, you are supposed to give up?


now to the killer, I have a feeling that I can see less ever since the update, maybe its all just an issue with the new camera's FoV that causes most of the problem?

Comments