DC Penalties Should Be Removed From Console

I'm gonna try this again....

I play on Ps4, I ONE option for an internet provider where I live. I should not get punished the same way toxic PC players get when they lose a match and pull the plug on their router. I guarantee that 99.9% of the people that do this are PC players. A 12 minute ban, because the killer I played against had worse internet than me? That is absolutely ridiculous and unfair. I'm sure the toxic PC players will jump on here telling me its my fault, even though its actually probably their's for pulling their plug when thats literally no even possible for me. Just because sweaty tryhards throw a fit and abuse an exploit to "avoid losing" doesn't mean everyone deserves their punishment.

I've been playing since the year of release, and you could count how many times I've actually left a match on one hand. It's totally unfair to be lumped in with those that PURPOSELY ruin the game for others when I ACCIDENTALLY lag out from circumstances BEYOND MY CONTROL.



Go ahead and bring your salt, prove my point that (most) PC players are the source of DBD's toxicity.

Comments

  • Because the killer I played against had worse internet than me?

    I guarantee that 99.9% of the people that do this are PC players.

    That... shouldn't happen.

    And you can't really tell, can you? Aside from PS4, you don't know who you're crossplaying with.

    It's totally unfair to be lumped in with those that PURPOSELY ruin the game for others when I ACCIDENTALLY lag out from circumstances BEYOND MY CONTROL.

    You see... there's NO WAY to tell that you DIDN'T LEAVE on purpose. I don't play on console (and i'm really lucky with people dcing) so I can't tell if that happens often or not.

  • I don’t think there’s that many people who will pull the plug on their router for a casual game like dbd. Also idk why you think having ######### Internet is exclusive to console players??? Kinda weird. Anyways, they will never turn off dc penalties for only one platform and not the other.

  • If you they can't tell the difference then they should remove the penalty COMPLETELY because now I'm banned for 28 MINUTES for something I CAN'T CONTROL. It's absolutely unacceptable to ban someone who actually WANTS to play the game the same way as someone who just wants to either win every time or ruin the game for others. This isn't the way to treat someone who paid for the game, paid for every single dlc, and buys auric cells from time to time. I give them my money and I'm not allowed to play their game when the only thing I did wrong was...play their game.

    Totally unjust...

  • If there's too much toxicity or stubbornness to remove bans, then the least they could do is limit the ban time to 10 minutes MAX. Anything else is total overkill, and extremely unfair to accidental lag outs.

  • So basically you want to be able to rage quit the game while also blaming pc players who are trying to play the game and have to deal with you disconnecting.

    Turn off crossplay if you dislike playing with/against pc players so much.

  • @Crowman said:

    So basically you want to be able to rage quit the game while also blaming pc players who are trying to play the game and have to deal with you disconnecting.

    Turn off crossplay if you dislike playing with/against pc players so much.

    Dude read what I wrote before posting because I specifically stated that I DONT ragequit. 🤦‍♂️

  • Triple the DC Penalty.

  • @MeatN2Vedge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1938842#Comment_1938842

    Dude read what I wrote before posting because I specifically stated that I DONT ragequit. 🤦‍♂️

    I'll believe that as much as I believe that it's PC players are the source of toxicity.

  • @MeatN2Vedge said:

    If you they can't tell the difference then they should remove the penalty COMPLETELY because now I'm banned for 28 MINUTES for something I CAN'T CONTROL. It's absolutely unacceptable to ban someone who actually WANTS to play the game the same way as someone who just wants to either win every time or ruin the game for others. This isn't the way to treat someone who paid for the game, paid for every single dlc, and buys auric cells from time to time. I give them my money and I'm not allowed to play their game when the only thing I did wrong was...play their game.

    Totally unjust...

    You're still ruining a game for others even If you don't want to.

    And I have a diffrent question - Do you play other online games?

  • Are you using mcdonald's wifi?