BNP and charge add-ons

So, I see Survivors running green-purple toolboxes with Brand New Parts and Wire Spool but I'm curious if that actually does anything?

BNP replaces your repair action with the "Install Brand New Part" action and uses up all the remaining charges in the toolbox while doing so in my experience, so I tend to use BNP with a brown box and alongside one of the sabbo items and sabbo two hooks before using the BNP. But these other Survivors I see don't go for sabbo plays at all most of the time, though a few ones do.

So my question is do the toolbox charges get used up for repairing the gen in addition to the 15%-25% the BNP does?

Comments

  • I am pretty sure a BNP doesn’t use all remaining charges but only a specific amount! So you can installl the BNP and after that you will have charges left on the toolbox

    it is different for syringe and styptic agent, those use up the whole medkit.

  • @Mooks said:

    I am pretty sure a BNP doesn’t use all remaining charges but only a specific amount! So you can installl the BNP and after that you will have charges left on the toolbox

    it is different for syringe and styptic agent, those use up the whole medkit.

    I guess maybe because I only ever used it with a brown toolbox that has 16 charges and the BNP uses up at least 16 charges so just thought it used all charges. I'll need to fiddle around with it and see how many charges it does use, if any. Maybe you use up charges as normal to repair while getting the two BNNP skill checks. No idea really.