New Freddy Update
Not sure if I understood the new update but I only played against a Freddy once and it was.....confusing. When the match started we were automatically in the dream world, couldn’t get out through the clock cause it doesn’t exist now. And we couldn’t hear him anymore cause dream world, no terror radius. I gave up after that cause he found me really quick and I died. Has anyone else experienced this or am I understanding this new Freddy update wrong?
Comments
That's the result of his addons. There should be a red icon somewhere on the HUD (not sure where since the UI update) letting you know when this is in effect.
How do you counter that? You just constantly stuck in the dreamworld and thus almost guaranteed to lose?
It's his ultra rare add-ons. Red paint brush makes all survivors start asleep and unable to wake up via skill checks. Black box makes the obsession permanently asleep.
It sounds like he was using both of them
I believe only the obsession is permanently asleep, as stated above me in the thread. So if someone uses a perk to change the obsession (Decisive Strike, Deliverance, For the People), you should be able to wake up.
That high tier add-ons, dream state requires visual awareness but otherwise the match is played normally. Just don't make the mistake of continuously running the same loop unless it's clear they are bad about placing his power.