What I like and dislike about the new UI

First of all I'd to say to the devs that we only complain because we love your game and genuinely want to see it improve!

I'll start with what's good!

Seeing which survivor is which at a glance, great!

Killers seeing how many hooks they've gotten, very useful.

Survivors seeing the hook progress on each other, very handy!

The high definition icons for powers, items, and perks, beautiful!


Now with what I think could be improved.

The location of the survivor portraits is in a spot that is inconvenient. You're eyes are normally in the middle of your screen or the lower part of the screen, because you want to look at scratch marks, red stain, moving grass, etc.

The size of the important elements are smaller than the size of the unimportant ones. The survivor portraits are the most important piece of information on the HUD. Therefore, it should be the largest and most easy to see and interpret. Also, the icons for the power/items are very large for how unimportant the information they give is.

On the same vein, the scoring events are also very tiny and hard to notice. While most of the time its not necessary to view them, there are situations when they come quite in handy; such as a survivor with calm spirit runs into a clown bottle.

The gens are also at an inconvenient location for the same reason the survivor portraits are. It's out of the way hard to see out of your peripheral vision. Personally it's caused my to recoil in shock, after the last gen was completed when I thought there were 2 left!

In summary, the HUD is very nice and high definition, but the elements are a bit too scattered. Its very nice to see iteration and attempts at improvement. And I think with a bit of tweaking this could become a great HUD!

Comments