Sick of playing survivor

I play both sides and for the past week or two a good 90% of my survivor matches have made me want to stop playing this game. The game starts out fine and when the inevitable happens of the killer downing someone or hooking them and they aren't saved within the first 10 seconds they either quit or just kill themselves on the hook. From there the game immediately snowballs because there's usually 4 or 5 gens still left and all the other survivors get pouty and immediately kill themselves on the hook as well if they go down. I'm sure there's a million excuses for it which I don't care to hear, my problem is the fact that I get punished for these super survivors which I'm sure think they're really good but can't last 10 seconds in a chase. Even from the Killers perspective it just makes the game not fun. Just play the game and if you're frustrated that you keep going down so fast, well then git guud chumps.

Comments

  • It sucks, but it is what it is. Devs can't force people to play the game, just be happy they can't dc like they used to.

    I suggest you run Plunderers and play more selfishly. If you find a key, hide it in a corner and dip the moment the hatch spawns.

  • I know you said you didn't want to hear it but let me try & give some insight, yeah?

    People killing themselves on hook definitely leaves your team handicapped & I only ever do it if I:

    • Got sandbagged multiple times
    • See nobody doing anything except crouching behind rocks at 5 gens
    • If I hit 2nd stage and could've CLEARLY been saved (correlates with the 2nd reason)

    If I see that myself or others probably killed themselves for those reasons, I usually wouldn't care because the game is clearly going nowhere & they probably just wanted to move onto another one. Now if they kill themselves on hook because:

    • They went down in chase too fast
    • They don't want to go against a specific killer/map
    • Mad you took their chest/totem (pettiest reason ever)
    • Etc..

    Then I completely understand your frustration. Sometimes people feel superior when they do this because it's either revenge on the killer (less BP) or their team (pretty much a loss unless 1 gen left). It's the exact same thing as DC'ing just without the penalty, which is crazy to think about.