Key Use

Can you use a key when there is still two survivors alive? If so does the key item show in the slot on the player afterward? I was up against a Cheryl player and I suspected hacking cause I would down her and before I could even pick her up she got right back up again. I was wondering if they can hack open the hatch cause they still had one gen left to do and they somehow got away. Not only that I saw the hatch multiple times in my patrol and they weren’t near it. So odd.

Comments

  • If the key doesn't show up in the tally screen after the match they found it in-game in a chest. Ace's perks help with that I'd check there.

    I believe when two survs are dead and one gen remains then yeah the hatch is visable & usable.

  • It could still be a hacker, with the instant healing and all. If not a hacker yes, two Survivors can indeed get out via The Hatch with a non-Green key.

    @JPLongstreet said:

    If the key doesn't show up in the tally screen after the match they found it in-game in a chest. Ace's perks help with that I'd check there.

    I believe when two survs are dead and one gen remains then yeah the hatch is visable & usable.

    The, current, math for The Hatch being visible and usable is ((gens finished) = (number of living Survivors + 1)). So if there are three Survivors still alive they need to have repaired four generators for The Hatch to have spawned.

    As a Killer if you see a Key in the lobby you need to keep this in mind when sacrificing Survivors if you don't want the others to escape early. And in the middle of the game you need to be aware of who has the Key and who does not, because Survivors can swap around items. Also be aware of if someone picks up a Key from a chest in the middle of the game when there had not been one in the lobby.

  • @vladspellbinder said:

    It could still be a hacker, with the instant healing and all. If not a hacker yes, two Survivors can indeed get out via The Hatch with a non-Green key.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1932327#Comment_1932327

    The, current, math for The Hatch being visible and usable is ((gens finished) = (number of living Survivors + 1)). So if there are three Survivors still alive they need to have repaired four generators for The Hatch to have spawned.

    As a Killer if you see a Key in the lobby you need to keep this in mind when sacrificing Survivors if you don't want the others to escape early. And in the middle of the game you need to be aware of who has the Key and who does not, because Survivors can swap around items. Also be aware of if someone picks up a Key from a chest in the middle of the game when there had not been one in the lobby.

    I checked after the match no one had a key. And it looked like at the beginning all they had were tool boxes and med kits

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    Can you use a key when there is still two survivors alive? If so does the key item show in the slot on the player afterward? I was up against a Cheryl player and I suspected hacking cause I would down her and before I could even pick her up she got right back up again. I was wondering if they can hack open the hatch cause they still had one gen left to do and they somehow got away. Not only that I saw the hatch multiple times in my patrol and they weren’t near it. So odd.

    That was probably me.

    You can use keys no matter how many survivors are alive. As long as the hatch has spawned you can use a key. It won't necessarily be in the summary screen. I use Cheryl to fish keys out of chests all the time and escape.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1932340#Comment_1932340

    I checked after the match no one had a key. And it looked like at the beginning all they had were tool boxes and med kits

    You can find Keys in chests, as was mentioned. While playing the game you can see if a Survivor is holding a Key by looking at their hand, just like you can see any other item, Keys are a bit harder to notice but the ":hand closed around item" versus the "open hand with no item" is pretty obvious once you look for it and it they have the "hand closed around object" but you don't actually 'see' them holding anything it's a Key.

    I'm a PC player so I don't know how difficult it is to see on consoles but I can tell when someone has a key in their hand and when they don't have any item at all easily enough during chase.

    I've also not had a chance to play since the update, as every time my game goes to connect to the servers it cashes, so I don't know if the new animations make it harder or easier to see if someone is holding a Key or not.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/225650/key-use

    That was probably me.

    You can use keys no matter how many survivors are alive. As long as the hatch has spawned you can use a key. It won't necessarily be in the summary screen. I use Cheryl to fish keys out of chests all the time and escape.

    Did you go up against a trapper? Cause how were you able to be downed, then get back up and still be able to unhook someone?

  • Keys are stupid.

    They let the survivors avoid the phase where the killer is most powerful. It even scales proportionally. At best, 1gen left, 2 survivors escape, where the Killer should be able to secure victory as a result of playing well.

    The hatch as a whole needs a rework.

  • @savevatznick said:

    Keys are stupid.

    They let the survivors avoid the phase where the killer is most powerful. It even scales proportionally. At best, 1gen left, 2 survivors escape, where the Killer should be able to secure victory as a result of playing well.

    The hatch as a whole needs a rework.

    As survivor I rarely found the hatch and been able to use it. Killers always seem to close it immediately for me.

  • @savevatznick said:

    Keys are stupid.

    They let the survivors avoid the phase where the killer is most powerful. It even scales proportionally. At best, 1gen left, 2 survivors escape, where the Killer should be able to secure victory as a result of playing well.

    The hatch as a whole needs a rework.

    Hatch is fine. It already got a rework.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1932390#Comment_1932390

    Did you go up against a trapper? Cause how were you able to be downed, then get back up and still be able to unhook someone?

    Gosh I have gone up against every killer using that build and escaped with it. Did you check the build? The build I use is Iron Will, Plunderer, Appraisal, Aftercare (or Left Behind)

    I don't use Unbreakable so i would only have been able to get up if I were picked up by someone. Which happens all the time.

  • The match was today in the cornfields so I doubt it was you. Might not have been a hack but that was really weird. I hit her, she got up, unhooked someone and fell back down after unhooking. Never see. Anything like it.

  • My rank matching is also all over the place. I’m rank 16 and have been going up against red and purple ranks like crazy. I find it a little unfair. Like tossing a middle school kid into the NFL and telling him good luck.