HUD feedback from PS4 player

After several matches I do not like the new HUD. I would've played more but due to eye strain causing headaches I had to turn off the game. While additional information like hook states and character portraits are nice additions the overall execution of the HUD is bad.

The information being spread out is inefficient for gathering quick data on what is happening in the match. Maybe it's easier for handheld devices like mobile or switch but on console when you are a distance away from your TV it is not helpful. Before the most important information was in bottom corner of the screen, you could glance at it quickly to see what was going on. Your item/addons were a good size where as now they are comically big compared to rest of UI that is, in my opinion, more important for information.

Scoring events start at the top corner of the screen, again it is not good placement for something that is quickly popping on the screen. Before when scoring event popped up they were in a good location for your eyes to quickly see what happened.

The red on red for exhaustion or madness state is terrible. You have to really focus to see where it is, again this should be easy to quickly glance at for information.

It causes eye strain/head aches. I could only play several matches before I felt a head ache start to come on. The new HUD has your eyes constantly trying to focus in multiple directions at once, this causes your eyes to strain when you try to focus on other areas. When the HUD was neatly at the bottom the set up did not constantly cause your eyes to try focusing in multiple directions at once. While playing survivor I would actually look away from the screen any time I was doing an interaction to avoid the eye strain I had when trying to focus on skill checks or progress bar but my eyes kept being pulled in multiple directions due to the HUD.

The new HUD blocks FOV. Character portraits block FOV on one side while scoring updates can block the other dude. If you adjust the HUD to be smaller to have larger FOV this will cause further eye strain trying to read the smaller icons/writing.

New HUD does not give information on teammates as well as the old one. On the old HUD it was much easier to tell if a teammate was being healed off the ground, being carried to a hook, or how much time they have left on second hook. While I appreciate knowing hook states and what character each character is playing the lack of information I previously received is very disappointing, especially as a solo player.

Please adjust the HUD to be primarily at the bottom of the screen rather than spread out as I think that will help with the eye strain/headaches it is currently causing. Adjust the exhaustion/madness status to one that is easier to quickly read. Also please make it easier to tell when another survivor is being healed from ground, being carried to hook, and how much time they have left on a hook as this information is very important in solo q.

Comments