Deathbound - if were to ever be tweaked/buffed

  • Self caring by any means causes the survivor to scream
  • Healing another survivor makes you the obsession.. this would be niche but add synergy if you combo it with something like nemesis

Having it work against self healing would guarantee you’d get at least some value out of Deathbound in your games if the survivor isn’t using calm spirit or inner strength.

Comments

  • @Starr43 said:

    • Self caring by any means causes the survivor to scream
    • Healing another survivor makes you the obsession.. this would be niche but add synergy if you combo it with something like nemesis

    Having it work against self healing would guarantee you’d get at least some value out of Deathbound in your games if the survivor isn’t using calm spirit or inner strength.

    Wouldn't making it work with self care destroy the purpose of the perk? Its supposed to make survivors who work together be punished.

  • I use and like it a lot right now

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/224860/deathbound-if-were-to-ever-be-tweaked-buffed

    Wouldn't making it work with self care destroy the purpose of the perk? Its supposed to make survivors who work together be punished.

    I personally find it more punishing to the Killer if there are 2-3 medkits. Also the fact that the perk has a distance requirement there can be times you’re lucky to have Deathbound proc once or twice even if you didn’t necessarily need the info.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I use and like it a lot right now

    I like the perk too so maybe I’m just unlucky tons of games with so little procs.. Surge and Infectious for example has been far more consistent and reliable.

  • @Starr43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1926960#Comment_1926960

    I personally find it more punishing to the Killer if there are 2-3 medkits. Also the fact that the perk has a distance requirement there can be times you’re lucky to have Deathbound proc once or twice even if you didn’t necessarily need the info.

    I think I have an idea of how to buff it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Deathbound is nice imo. It works as a healing Discordance telling you where half of the team is and the Oblivious is just a plus. It works really well on high mobility killers like Nurse and Blight.

    Maybe I lost faith in it earlier than I should have and focused too much on the games it didn’t happen to proc/payoff

  • Honestly just make it activate on getting healed the certain distance from the killer..period.

    The not working with Self Care and requiring you to leave the person that healed you is just unnecessary negatives. The perk isn't that strong that it needs these extra limitations.

  • @Starr43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1926963#Comment_1926963

    I like the perk too so maybe I’m just unlucky tons of games with so little procs.. Surge and Infectious for example has been far more consistent and reliable.

    You’re probably not using it enough as a slugging perk then.

    It also procs when they get slugs up (outside of the required range)