Anyone else?

I can only play killer right now which is fine but I tried to click on custom match to show a friend something and it said party creation failed I was like okay but then I clicked on Survivor and it said the same thing but I can go into killer and play just fine.

Comments

  • What platform are you on? I haven't seen this issue before personally, but I'll try to help.

    There are a few simple things you could try first (some of which I'm sure you've already tried, but just in case):

    • Restart game
    • Restart router to reset your connection to the servers
    • Set you and your friend's status to 'Online' if it isn't already
    • Try inviting them to your lobby via the Steam/Xbox/PS UI instead of using the in-game invitation options or vice versa (I play on PC but I'm assuming console has some equivalent to this)
    • Verify the integrity of your game files

    If none of these work, then that's really strange if you're still experiencing the same issue. Are you sure you're not banned or something on Steam/Xbox/PS? I know players can get banned from Xbox Live etc which prevents them from playing with friends online, but I highly doubt this is the cause of the issue.

  • I don’t know what platform you’re on, but if you’re on PS4 then it could be a network (or PSN) issue. Or an error tussling with said network.

    A sign of this is when you go to your home page and you cannot see your friends, online status, notifs, etc..

    It somehow only does this with DBD for some reason.

  • I went to my microsoft account and everything fine. Maybe just needed to restart or something. I just went to bed. Will try again when I get off work.