16:9

Hello, I'm well aware of the changes and the reasoning for restricting the FOV. However, I posting to have my perspective heard on an official medium (instead of cursing into the darkness of social media).

I run a 21:9 monitor. The forced FOV and "zoomed" look to the game hurts the player experience. Forcing the gaming to run with black bars on the side to enforce 16:9/FOV would be strongly recommended.

Even tinkering with the .ini files to force the game to run in a windowed 16:9, borderless 16:9, or fullscreen 16:9 has proven fruitless. The game defaults to my monitor's native resolution. My current work around is to change my monitor's display to 1920x1080, which changes my refreshrate. When I change it back to 2560x1080, I also have to change my refresh rate. So, in order to play the game "as intended", it's a multi step process instead of launching a game and having the game set to run in 16:9 like every other modern game out there.

I don't expect a reply by any means, but I will be eagerly awaiting an in-game fix for this. May development go well. See you in the fog.

Comments

  • The game doesn't even get my standard resolution right. It defaults to

    ResolutionSizeX=2432

    ResolutionSizeY=952

    I've gotten it to boot up the intro video in 1920x1080, but then while loading the engine, it defaults to 2432x952.