So I noticed something about blight and haunted grounds

Im not sure if I could get a response from an actual developer or something like that but the other day I noticed that blight doesn't seem to one shot during any exposed period if you are using a rush?

Is this supposed to happen? If you use dragons grip successfully you get a free down but I don't think it makes sense to turn blight into an m1 killer when you want to punish survivors for things like dragons grip or haunted grounds.

If this feature is intended why is it like that? Blights rush is basically a basic attack.

Comments

  • His blight rush isn't a basic attack and thus doesn't trigger the exposed effect

  • @bjorksnas said:

    His blight rush isn't a basic attack and thus doesn't trigger the exposed effect

    Thats good to know. I just wanna know why is that the case?

  • @jacrispy_dbd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1920252#Comment_1920252

    Thats good to know. I just wanna know why is that the case?

    For the same reason that:


    • Pig Dash
    • Demo charge
    • Legion Power hit
    • Huntress Hatchet
    • Oni Charge
    • Other stuff


    Are not basic attacks.

  • @jacrispy_dbd said:

    Im not sure if I could get a response from an actual developer or something like that but the other day I noticed that blight doesn't seem to one shot during any exposed period if you are using a rush?

    Is this supposed to happen? If you use dragons grip successfully you get a free down but I don't think it makes sense to turn blight into an m1 killer when you want to punish survivors for things like dragons grip or haunted grounds.

    If this feature is intended why is it like that? Blights rush is basically a basic attack.

    It’s intended. Exposed only works for basic attacks.

  • @jacrispy_dbd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1920252#Comment_1920252

    Thats good to know. I just wanna know why is that the case?

    Certain effects are too fast / strong to apply basic attacks / shouldn't apply basic attacks

    Examples of effects from basic attacks

    Sloppy butcher

    Surge

    Knockout

    Exposed

    Being able to use these effects with every single power would make some killers much better than others, devour hope huntress with instadown hatchets wouldn't be a fun thing to play against

    So most killers have special attacks so they can't take full advantage of these effects

    blight still does have an instadown with his power iridecent blight tag if you can use it well enough

  • @jacrispy_dbd said:

    Im not sure if I could get a response from an actual developer or something like that but the other day I noticed that blight doesn't seem to one shot during any exposed period if you are using a rush?

    Is this supposed to happen? If you use dragons grip successfully you get a free down but I don't think it makes sense to turn blight into an m1 killer when you want to punish survivors for things like dragons grip or haunted grounds.

    If this feature is intended why is it like that? Blights rush is basically a basic attack.

    Exposed only works on M1 basic attacks. It never works on killer special power attacks.

  • @jacrispy_dbd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1920252#Comment_1920252

    Thats good to know. I just wanna know why is that the case?

    Uniformity. This is the reason the devs always cite for these perks.

    It is better if it's standardized how the perk works. Some attacks should not work with Exposed anyway they would be too strong. Imagine if Huntress Hatchets worked with Exposed. Basically one shot sniping everyone from a distance. It's like Pink Hatchet in perk form.