DBD on Xbox Series S

I've been thinking about getting the Series S since I'm on a budget and can't afford the Series X, just wanted to know if it's worth getting the S over the X

Comments

  • Note: I have a Xbox Series X, not a Series S so this is more of a general recommendation than DBD specifically

    I would highly recommend people not settle for the Series S over the X. Developers are already complaining about the limitations that the S gives them (as it has less memory and less processing power so it's not just that it can't play things at 4K like the X can, the system itself is limited).

    If developers are already poo pooing the device as limiting and trashing it, it's only a matter of time before it goes the way of the Kinect where it is completely necessary and needed and supported by Microsoft...until it's not.

    https://wccftech.com/remedy-developer-expresses-concern-over-xbox-series-s-calls-it-trouble/

    Whether the S would help with this specific game, I can't tell you for sure. The game is damn near a brand new game on my Series X (a LOT of the problems I've had with DBD have been fixed with the console upgrade). I don't know if the S would give you that same upgrade since it wouldn't be running in 4K and would likely lose some of the performance upgrades I have with the X but the baby upgrade you'd get with the S would probably be enough to make the game better.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Note: I have a Xbox Series X, not a Series S so this is more of a general recommendation than DBD specifically

    I would highly recommend people not settle for the Series S over the X. Developers are already complaining about the limitations that the S gives them (as it has less memory and less processing power so it's not just that it can't play things at 4K like the X can, the system itself is limited).

    If developers are already poo pooing the device as limiting and trashing it, it's only a matter of time before it goes the way of the Kinect where it is completely necessary and needed and supported by Microsoft...until it's not.

    https://wccftech.com/remedy-developer-expresses-concern-over-xbox-series-s-calls-it-trouble/

    Whether the S would help with this specific game, I can't tell you for sure. The game is damn near a brand new game on my Series X (a LOT of the problems I've had with DBD have been fixed with the console upgrade). I don't know if the S would give you that same upgrade since it wouldn't be running in 4K and would likely lose some of the performance upgrades I have with the X but the baby upgrade you'd get with the S would probably be enough to make the game better.

    I've never seen so much nonsense in a single text, especially that a remedy is terrible at making optimization, including the developer who said that even deleted the message and went back, according to that I have XSS, XSX, One X and One S and practically there is no difference between XSX and XSS in DBD, the performance is the same, the graphics are the same ..., only the resolution is different with XSS running at 1440p and XSX running at 4K, but because of the great upscalling to 4K that the XSS has, just with a magnifying glass to see the difference, before saying anything, search ok ๐Ÿ‘

  • I have a series S and the game runs fine on it

  • @zmetalboss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1919708#Comment_1919708

    I've never seen so much nonsense in a single text, especially that a remedy is terrible at making optimization, including the developer who said that even deleted the message and went back, according to that I have XSS, XSX, One X and One S and practically there is no difference between XSX and XSS in DBD, the performance is the same, the graphics are the same ..., only the resolution is different with XSS running at 1440p and XSX running at 4K, but because of the great upscalling to 4K that the XSS has, just with a magnifying glass to see the difference, before saying anything, search ok ๐Ÿ‘

    Right now there might not be a big difference between the two as games are just being ported over but it is downright wrong to say there is no difference between the two

    The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S have a lot in common, but which is for you?
    image.png

    I snipped the important part here but at some point, the lack of power The Series S has versus The Series X is going to bottleneck the performance. Microsoft will then have a decision to make; do they cut the Series S or do they hamstring their next-gen consoles to the lowest possible denominator.

    We've seen in the past that Microsoft has been willing to cut their losses on things that have stopped working out (like The Kinect) so I have no reason to believe that eventually, Microsoft will stop making The Series S a requirement for next-gen games.

    I certainly could be wrong and I'm not going to pretend like I have all the answers here. But there is an objective difference in power between the two machines and you're gambling on being left behind if you go with the Series S. Maybe the OP will determine they're fine with that, maybe not (and I did specifically state in my post that this was a "in general" response, not specific to DBD. DBD itself may work perfectly fine on both consoles) but I wanted to give them the information to make an informed decision.

    They might be perfectly happy with the Series S and be fine with the risk that it will become obsolete (which would likely be at least a few years from now anyway so maybe once The Series S becomes a bit more long in the tooth, A Xbox Series X 1.5 upgrade kind of thing will appear like how we got the PS4 Pro and whatnot this generation and at that point, maybe OP will have more money and be in a better position to pay for the higher level version).