Q&A Criticism from a Killer Player Perspective.


I should preface this will a complete perspective from a killer main and I will also try to be as constructive as I can possibly manage, I will have a slight bias, but I will also look into it from a survivor perspective, so lets get started with my ######### opinion.

First off:

Colorblind and New UI

ErOOoDNWMAAzBJm.jpg tAvE89BQsqoiWBbKdUsK2S.png

Let me begin with the UI, Now I am not entirely huge on the UI Design nor do I find it visually pleasing to the eye, Important information is everywhere, Same for Killer perspective, A lot of people have expressed their distaste to the UI and more so on the killer perspective.

I said in the comments of your video announcing the UI Changes in response to someone that the UI Scale could hopefully mitigate this issue but it really didn't in fact it made the visual clutter more annoying and visually daunting.

Making it smaller didn't help either because I always had something in the way and I didn't enjoy have to look it 4 to 5 different area's at once.

I should make this clear, I understand why you are pushing it to live

You wish to apply changes and fixes to the hud overtime from what I am assuming, but in reality that would cause more readjusting and would become visually annoying.

But as much as you think it is right with the general community consensus on the new UI they do not want it in the game and those who were critical on the UI are especially agrivated on that.

What I suggest is that you keep us updated on potential changes on the UI such as its placements and how things look, I'm sure we have a lot of people who are willing to give constructive criticism.


Colorblind Options

Now Colorblind, I am happy you are all working on this and addressed it even further along side the UI in the Q&A, I have a couple friends who are colorblind who are absolutely estatic that this is happening and I would love to give some perspective.

I would love love love ABSOLUTELY LOVE!

If you give us visual video previews of colorblind in action for colorblind people to tell you whats wrong and where to adjust things, cause this will allow for more community feedback in those in the community that are being addressed which will make the overall.

I do hope to see more information regarding colorblind and I do hope you will keep us posted on how it is going, A little more community feedback can help and more people will be willing to lend you all an ear, You don't have to full blown involve us but at least giving us a degree of influence over what happens and helping you can go a long way I assure you.


Now for the part that my bias might actually shine quite a lot but lets get onto the Decisive Strike and Object of Obsession Changes.


Decisive Strike & OoO Changes

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG


Object of Obsession Change Template

Now where to begin with this Potential change, First off I'll make this clear I do agree with someone who had made a forum post that this does make more logical sense if you put it in the hands of laurie, a perk that lets her know she's being stalked, but can see her in exchange if she is obsession every now and then.

What this does is single handedly gives the middle finger to those who would all run it so they all knew exactly what the killer was doing and where the killer was.

For Killers such as trapper or hag this was emotionally exhausting and just really showed that the perk could be slightly abused if in the right hands, while the escape rate wasn't exactly high with it that was mostly because the killers were forced to try harder and with most survivors they do it just to harrass the killer and don't do it with the intent on winning like most swf's.

Though I will say as a Killer main, I actually like this change as it now allows the Non-OoO who has the perk to know that the killer has BBQ, or any other aura revealing perk, and what does that give the survivor? INFORMATION! WOAH!

Though, there is one glaring issue I have and this is just me, if this were to be the change I would suggest increasing the timer to 40/50/60 seconds, because the frequency that it would go off for the killer in my eyes would be feeding us far too much information.

Other than that, I actually really like this change, the potential abuse of the perk is considerably low, BUT it does actually have an incredibly huge benefit and that is learning if the killer has nurses or potentially BBQ, which are commonly used perks in the modern meta.

Other than that I want this change, thank you BHVR.


Decisive Strike Changes

All I can say right now as a killer main that has had to deal with this perk, I wholeheartedly love this change to such a degree that I would literally play this game nonstop for hours now, You do not wanna know how loud I yelled Yes, lets just say my voice is now numb and incredibly sore hahaha.

But I will say one thing as a killer I do like and I am happy survivors got to keep as this gives the perk some uses whilst limiting them from progressing the game forward.

I like they can still go into lockers, and do every other action besides the ones that are listed as this STILL gives the perk its uses while now severely limiting its wide variety of uses now.

Now as much I would love to say I understand certain survivor sentiments over this perk 'not' needing to be changed I wholeheartedly disagree, This perk was easily abuseable and ontop of that could be made utterly impossible to avoid if combined with other perks, It was a major nuisence to see when I had played survivor and my frequency in playing killer.

This is minimizing you from using the perk to forward the objective/finish the trial.

Though it doesn't come without its kinks as in situations where killers like ghostface or micheal myers, or hell any killer using a perk to go BOO mode on you could do a sly tactic of chase someone, go stealth, sneak up you when you are under the impression the survivor is in a chase so you decide to forward the game, down you and now your DS has been made completely irrelevant.

Which I'm sure will hopefully be worked upon, What I do suggest to do in a case like that is this.

-When working on a generator or any objective based item in the trial, The timer for ds is immediately halfed.

so goes from 60 to 30. or in this case if you've left the hook and you have say 40 seconds it will jump down to 20, what this does is at least gives you a smidge of it in a scenario IF the killer were to come back to you and attack you.


That's really all I can give you, I do appreaciate the DBD Team asking for criticism and I have given as much as I can possibly give, I hope you guys take it all to heart and I wish you all a wonderful time.

hotel-derby-thank-you-2018-600x400.jpg

Thank you Behaviour <3

Comments