A Decisive Strike discussion

I'd like to include my response to a conversation I was having with someone on the DS update. This is my opinion, feedback and I hope it helps the developers reconsider their tactic in adjusting the perk.

~

(As a preface they as a killer main expressed their glee. I did not and said it would only be helpful now if I ran around doing nothing for 60 seconds, that it took away certain maneuvers. They replied it is an anti-tunneling perk as intended. Nothing more, nothing less.)

"I understand that view but it can be utilized in different ways that force you to think, plan. It keeps it interesting. I'm totally fine if the timer is 30 seconds instead of 60. That still gives me a window to get my sh*t together. As an example, what if I ran Inner Strength too? I get away off hook and I'm trying to quickly do a totem. The second I touch it now, DS is gone. Killer comes by and grabs me off in a minute. I'm back on hook and second stage. This version of DS makes many other perks irrelevant (self-care, etc) and will deter people from helping each other because they will lose their DS. Now my teammate may refuse to sit for a hook heal because he'll lose his DS the second we touch him or vice-versa. Insert people sitting in a corner for 60 seconds, not doing gens because they can't touch them and would rather not risk their life. It could be a small map, a teleporting killer. There's tunneling and there's also..situations that DS helps with. Let's say I have new DS- I get pulled off hook. Someone touches me to start a heal, DS is instantly gone. Heal isn't finished, and killer is coming back. I take 3 steps, hit a hag trap, she teleports, and bam I'm done. While I acknowledge killers frustration and how it may be survivor sided, it will effect gameplay or just become a dead perk."

~

Thanks for reading. Responses are welcome. Corrections and differing opinions too.

Comments

  • I feel the only change to what was shown in the stream would be to only remove ds if you get fully healed. If you decide to heal someone else you would still lose your ds. I like how they made this more of an anti tunnel perk and how the survivors can't use this to finish gens infront of the killer anymore.