I'm going to work a new killer concept, and i want YOU to decide what it'll be based around!

Here's what I mean, I am going to give a list of things for the concept, those being, what the killer will be, their nationality, the time period they are from, their backstory, what kind of power they will have, and what perks they have, you must pick one choice from all the categories, I will check back on this at the end of the week and compile what is picked the most and make the concept based around that.

lets begin

*WHAT SHOULD THE KILLER BE?*

Human

Vampire

Wendigo

Beast-man

Other (please specify)

*WHAT NATIONALITY SHOULD THEY BE?*

American

European

Asian

African

Oceanican

*WHAT TIME PERIOD SHOULD THEY BE FROM?*

Ancient Times (BC but after the Dinosaurs)

Dark Ages

Victorian Era

19-20th Century

Modern Day

*WHAT KIND OF BACKSTORY SHOULD THEY HAVE?*

Unsympathetic (Killer is objectively terrible in every way and enjoys killing)

Understandable (Killer does bad things but you can sort of see why they felt it necessary)

Relatable (You can be put yourself in the Killer's shoes)

Sympathetic (Killer is a victim of circumstances and really didn't deserve any of what they got)

*WHAT SHOULD THEIR POWER BE BASED ON?*

Fire

Water

Ice

Electricity

Nature (growing plants/summoning animals)

Blood Manipulation

Spiritual/Holy

Darkness

Wind

*WHAT TYPE OF POWER SHOULD IT BE?*

Traps

Stealth

Mobility

Map Manipulation

Multi-Control (think Twins)

Chase-Oriented

Combination (please specify which playstyles should be combined)

Other (please specify)


*WHAT SHOULD THEIR 1ST PERK BE?*

Chase-Oriented

Hex

Terror Radius

Obsession

Other (please specify)

*WHAT SHOULD THEIR 2ND PERK BE?*

Chase-Oriented

Hex

Terror Radius

Obsession

Other (please specify)

*WHAT SHOULD THEIR 3RD PERK BE?*

Chase-Oriented

Hex

Terror Radius

Obsession

Other (please specify)


Remember, I will check this at the end of the week, you have got a few days to think about what you want, whatever gets the most votes in a category will be that category's winner, make what you want CLEAR, can't wait to see what you will want me to create, don't disappoint me :)


slight edit: if any of the mods are seeing this could you do me a huge favour and pin this thread for the rest of the week? i don't want this to get buried under a avalanche of other posts when the entire point is for it to get a lot of comments over the week, not saying it's needed but it'd be greatly appreciated

Comments

  • This is actually a really good idea, and I'm excited to see what you make of this thread and to see what gets majority ^^

    I think a European Beast-man from the Victorian era sounds like an interesting concept for a killer.

    I think a sympathetic story would fit this killer.

    I'm not exactly sure how it would go, but Darkness sounds like a neat idea for an element for a power.

    As for what the power is like, a killer that has both chase power and mobility of some sort sounds good.

    Finally for perks, it should be varied with a hex perk, a chase perk and a slowdown perk.


    I wonder what everyone else will choose, it'll be interesting to see.

  • I have two concepts for a killer but I will stick with the 1 for now. I always feel there should be a killer robot as a killer and the robot is being controlled by some maniac creator.

    I want them to have an understandable back story.

    I feel there power should be a combination of maybe chase and something else (I honestly don't know) and the elements would probably be electric.

    I feel the first perk should be hook oriented, the second a hex and the third obsession. (I have a few ideas for perks if you want to hear them)

    Thats all and good luck.

  • Werewolf

    Lore

    • Female
    • European
    • Victorian Era
    • Understandable

    Power

    • Darkness (Not sure what you meant by this)
    • Mobility + Chase + Small amount of Stealth (maybe)

    Perks

    • Hex
    • Hex
    • Chase
  • @AmberClad said:

    Have you ever seen the show true detective? Basically the first season revolves around a series of cult murders, all themed around the yellow king from the lovecraft mythos. The main villain is a guy by the name of Errol Childress, who perpetrated the rituals and other unsavory business that I can't mention on the forums.

    I'm thinking he would make a great fit for a killer in DBD.

    So a human american from modern day, who is unsympathetic. Errols backstory is screwed up, but it doesn't justify the cult murders and rituals.

    His power would be based around the entity, considering that he's a normal person. As well as the fact he has some familiarity with the occult. It would be a combination of stealth, map control, and something akin to pyramid head's cages of atonement.

    Basically, there would be various ritual sites littered across the map. Acting as an alternate method of hooking; when a survivor is nailed into the ritual site, it would apply various debuffs to the other survivors. As well as temporarily applying the undetectable status to Errol. The other effect of the ritual is scrambling the resources of the map, moving pallets, and moving windows If the ritual is complete ( survivor makes it to second stage, or dies ). The power would be called 'Profane Ritual'.

    His first perk would be a terror radius based hex. Causing his terror radius to apply to any hooked survivor, as well as for X seconds after they are unhooked.

    His second perk would be a hex based around applying oblivious, basically a better version of third seal.

    His third perk would be a chase oriented, for every pallet you're stunned with, your lunge range increases by X%.

    if it gets enough votes i'll definitely make a concept for Errol, if it doesn't get enough votes, i will definitely keep this idea in mind

  • Chapter Name

    NO STRINGS ATTACHED

    Lore

    • Male
    • European
    • Modern Day
    • Sympathetic

    Power

    • Magic
    • Chase+Stealth+Traps

    Perks

    • Chase
    • Obsession
    • Endgame (Like Noed or Fire Up)

    The killer would be a British magician, who had a horrible childhood. He ended up becoming a magician because of his fascination with magic. As he grew older, he'd do anything to make his shows more believable. He starting kidnapping people and using them for his live proformance's. The police eventually caught him he was gunned down trying to escape.

    He now makes use of his magic and mannequins in The Entity's realm, to hunt down survivors.

  • The killer is Human, female


    Nationality: American


    Time period: Victorian Era


    Backstory: Understandable


    Their power based on: Spiritual. (Using evil spirits)


    Manipulation but explained: The killer has the ability to infect survivors by sending an evil spirit inside their body.

    Evil spirit causes the survivor to scream and move uncontrollably every a few seconds. The survivor will see spirit figures on windows and an illusion pallets and survivors. The effect will disappear when the survivor finds the holy water and drinks it.


    First perk: Obsession


    Second perk: Terror Radius


    Made up third perk: "Evil Spirit" (The heartbeat of the survivor is accelerated as long as they are possessed with evil spirit. )


  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    This is actually a really good idea, and I'm excited to see what you make of this thread and to see what gets majority ^^

    I think a European Beast-man from the Victorian era sounds like an interesting concept for a killer.

    I think a sympathetic story would fit this killer.

    I'm not exactly sure how it would go, but Darkness sounds like a neat idea for an element for a power.

    As for what the power is like, a killer that has both chase power and mobility of some sort sounds good.

    Finally for perks, it should be varied with a hex perk, a chase perk and a slowdown perk.

    I wonder what everyone else will choose, it'll be interesting to see.

    *Gothic horror intensifies*

  • I would love to see a human/ demon

    Nationally wouldn't matter if they are a demon

    From the Victorian era or dark ages

    Power multi control I'm thinking like a hell hound with 2 modes passive gives him bloodhound and makes him 115and active makes it 105 but the hound follows the blood trail at if it hits a surivor gives a minor slow down and you will have to hit repeated skull checks to prevent the dog from drowning you up to 20s before it let's go hitting it with a pallet won't hurt it it will swiftly dodge and leave you (same time as a stun animation but the whole victor thing barely blew by a dog wouldn't)

    Perks hex obsession terror radius

    Edit (ok so maybe I got a bit carried away in my idea but do what you wish with it)