Hex: Undying

This hex is so ironic, undying lol yea right. I hate this combo as much as everyone else did, however I also ran small game to counter TWO of the killers perks. The hex: undying was so balanced because it removed what was unbalanced ,"a survivor spawning next to a hex". Let's go over what it did and figure out a fair nerf.


  • Any survivor within 2 meters of a totem, nerf it to 1 meter
  • will reveal survivor auras for 4/5/6 seconds, why not make it 2/3/4 or 3/4/5.
  • This perk was so balanced I had fun looking for hex totems
  • A killers meta is suppose to be quite strong because it's META.
  • Another thing, it's the killer had ruin, they it'll obviously be Undying lol.

Comments

  • You know it's already getting a nerf in the upcoming patch, right?

  • yes I'm well aware, I just don't know why

  • @REL1_C said:

    yes I'm well aware, I just don't know why

    Because Ruin in its current state is insanely strong and can be at times oppressive. It never really had a chance before to reach it's full potential because totem spawns are so terrible and Ruin is a "late game" perk. Undying made it an actual late game perk. Personally in my eyes to problems lied more with Ruin, rather than Undying because it's quite ironic that a "late game" perk is causing balancing issues if it actually stays up until the late game. After the nerf, the underlying problem won't actually be fixed. Yes the combination of Ruin+Undying is going to disappear and not be as strong, so in a way a problem is fixed but this nerf is going to affect Ruin too. Ruin is going to go back to being close to useless, and Undying is going to have a new purpose and will mostly be used to keep Devour alive.

    TL;DR: The combination was too strong so it should be addressed, but in my opinion the nerf is to create another issue, even though it fixes the initial problem of Ruin+Undying.