A Small Change To Reduce Tunneling
I say "reduce" because we'll never be totally rid of it something really crazy and exploitable by Survivors is done.
No, I have a simple suggestion to help ease at least one cause of tunneling; change the scoring of the Devout emblem to give more than just Bronze if you don't sacrifice anyone. It says "Hooking all Survivors at least once will guarantee at minimum a Bronze Emblem Quality. Iridescent Emblem Quality requires nine or more Hook actions performed in the Trial." but nothing about how if you want BETTER than Bronze you HAVE to kill someone.
I get that this is the one about sacrificing people to The Entity but it specially calls out Bronze and Iridescent and the number of hooks needed.
I've gotten a lot of games where I hook everyone twice, that's EIGHT hook actions, just ONE short of what I need for Iridescent but because I got out of my way to not actually sacrifice anyone I can only ever get a Bronze. Why are Silver and Gold not also tied to number of hooks instead of number of Survivors sacrificed? This is actively punishing me for not tunneling at least one person out of the game early on. Because if I want a better than Bronze someone has to die so why not the one already one step closer to it? And when I've gotten everyone hooked twice my best bet for better that Iridescent would be to go after the person who was just unhooked because they are already injured.
As Killer Player I have my reasons for not wanting to sacrifice people, but there is no incentive for me to keep playing in my fair "everyone gets hooked twice" playstyle. The game is actively telling me that if I want a better reward I have to be a [bad word]. And that's no fun for the Survivors either.
Comments