Killer switching

Why did they remove the ability to switch killers while in a lobby? It doesn't seem like a reasonable thing to do considering that you can switch survivors while readied up/in a public lobby already.

There are so many survivors named "Mori me [killer name]" and I wanna give them their dreams,

Comments

  • MMR system which is soon to be implemented will have elo which is different for different killers so if you are god tier with blight but play as nurse rarely or if you are not good with her, you get easier opponents. Getting easier opponents and then switching killer to blight while in lobby is abusing the mechanic and its intended to stop this cheese.

  • @Zeus said:

    MMR system which is soon to be implemented will have elo which is different for different killers so if you are god tier with blight but play as nurse, you get easier opponents. Getting easier opponents and then changing to blight is abusing the mechanic and its intended to stop this cheese.

    But didn't they remove the killer switching long before MMR was introduced? or am I blanking?

  • @GoobyNugget said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1909054#Comment_1909054

    But didn't they remove the killer switching long before MMR was introduced? or am I blanking?

    They removed it a week before MMR. Then when MMR is delayed, they never changed it back.

  • Devs released MMR previously but it was a broken mess and didn't work as intended so they reverted it. They left this change as is though. But data is still getting collected on the background to prepare for MMR and to make sure the collection is smooth, they implemented it early. They introduced it early the first time they put in MMR matchmaking as well for the same reason. To collect data and make transition smoother.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1909058#Comment_1909058

    They removed it a week before MMR. Then when MMR is delayed, they never changed it back.

    I know they won't do this, but in the lobby if you could switch killers that were within a reasonable range in lobby, like if I had a 100 MMR wraith I could play my 90 MMR Trapper or 110 MMR Billy


    so basically if your killers are within a reasonable range (to the MMR values scale) you could switch.


    Maybe introduce this a month into MMR


    if it will even last that long lol

  • @Monarch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1909062#Comment_1909062

    I know they won't do this, but in the lobby if you could switch killers that were within a reasonable range in lobby, like if I had a 100 MMR wraith I could play my 90 MMR Trapper or 110 MMR Billy

    so basically if your killers are within a reasonable range (to the MMR values scale) you could switch.

    Maybe introduce this a month into MMR

    if it will even last that long lol

    Do we seriously think that MMR is going to last more than a week?

  • @GoobyNugget said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1909804#Comment_1909804

    Do we seriously think that MMR is going to last more than a week?

    No but I like to think of myself as an optimist pretending to be a pessimist, so there's always beggar's belief.

    unfortunately, you have done a Ben Shapiro on me and won an argument with facts and logic.

    Here's hoping that it's a short week.



    Also 100th post pog