Hey Dev's when is this being fixed?

Untitled.png

Can't cleanse this totem and it's like this on multiple maps interesting to see you guys still haven't even talked about this.

Comments

  • @AmberClad said:

    It's already been reported, this also belongs in the bug report section.

    Ah good and my bad.

  • @AmberClad said:

    It's already been reported, this also belongs in the bug report section.

    I made a thread about this and there are over 50 post about this in the bug reports section leading back a few months.

    It is unacceptable this wasn't fixed in the PTB.


    Edit - In fact here

    @Dustin said:

    I noticed that this bug is still present in the game

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/NRMIHQH7R5T3/20210117000253-1.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ADT28FEBD3HN/20210117000541-1.jpg

    Both of these spots cannot be cleansed and there are over 50+ duplicate threads about this in the bug reporting section. I also couldn't help but notice this wasn't fixed in the PTB. I probably sound a bit salty / petty but curiously I'll ask how does this not become a priority to fix? Is it difficult to move a totem on a map instead of just moving an object through the editor or what gives?

    Pretty sure one of the oldest threads is around November / December and a lot of them are marked duplicate so doesn't BHVR know about this or is this something mods do and they still need to pass information to BHVR?

    Also this bug has been in the game for at least a couple of months I'm fine with BHVR not fixing it up until now but there's a PTB for crying out loud how does this not get fixed are we actually going to have to wait until Coldwind farm is reworked?


    I made a thread about it recently too granted no traction was made but seriously. Unacceptable.

  • Sssshh it’s a bug that directly helps killers and hinders survivors. And the devs didn’t immediately fix it.

    those kind of bugs must be ignored so that the ‚devs are survivor biased‘-narrative can live on.

  • And again there are OVER 50 THREADS ABOUT THIS going back to November at MINIMUM. How was this not fixed in this PTB?

  • Why can't that happen to me when I play killer? Instead my totems are cleansed 15 seconds into a match.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    Why can't that happen to me when I play killer? Instead my totems are cleansed 15 seconds into a match.

    EXACTLY i feel you

  • @AmberClad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908617#Comment_1908617

    Can't expect much from the devs who only just now started to make color blind options. Despite most other games having them.

    They've also ignored console optimization for 3 years now.

    To be honest stuff like this is what makes it hard for me to defend BHVR. I know it seems so petty because it seems trivial to a lot. But to me you just load the map tile in Unreal Engine, move the Totem a couple of units or if it's in some script adjust the value, recompile the maps even if it takes a bit of time just get it done, and push the changes into the next build. What's worse is how was this not caught when it initially got changed?

    Took years to change killer loadouts not being hidden from SWF post game to avoid ghosting loadouts after they said they'd change it (To give an example of them taking forever on making changes) and the colorblind thing likely only happened because a person with weight to their words called BHVR out after a statement someone made on stream + the backlash to the UI.

    I am not convinced those changes were planned because they would have (SHOULD HAVE) mentioned it in the developer statements thread they usually make.

    It's honestly frustrating to think about. I try to defend them but sometimes they make it difficult.

  • @Dustin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908629#Comment_1908629

    To be honest stuff like this is what makes it hard for me to defend BHVR. I know it seems so petty because it seems trivial to a lot. But to me you just load the map tile in Unreal Engine, move the Totem a couple of units or if it's in some script adjust the value, recompile the maps even if it takes a bit of time just get it done, and push the changes into the next build. What's worse is how was this not caught when it initially got changed?

    Took years to change killer loadouts not being hidden from SWF post game to avoid ghosting loadouts after they said they'd change it (To give an example of them taking forever on making changes) and the colorblind thing likely only happened because a person with weight to their words called BHVR out after a statement someone made on stream + the backlash to the UI.

    I am not convinced those changes were planned because they would have (SHOULD HAVE) mentioned it in the developer statements thread they usually make.

    It's honestly frustrating to think about. I try to defend them but sometimes they make it difficult.

    I feel you man it's like they do one thing right and then do 100 things wrong.

  • I swear they said they fixed this before... Oh wow. It didn't take me long to find that across multiple patches since 2017 they said they fixed this issue lol.

    @Mooks said:

    Sssshh it’s a bug that directly helps killers and hinders survivors. And the devs didn’t immediately fix it.

    those kind of bugs must be ignored so that the ‚devs are survivor biased‘-narrative can live on.

    @AmberClad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908617#Comment_1908617

    Can't expect much from the devs who only just now started to make color blind options. Despite most other games having them.

    They've also ignored console optimization for 3 years now.

    @Dustin said:

    And again there are OVER 50 THREADS ABOUT THIS going back to November at MINIMUM. How was this not fixed in this PTB?

    To be fair, just looking at the patch notes it seems like they fix it relatively quickly. It's just that they accidentally break it on other maps and places every once in awhile.