I feel like MMR will affect more than just matchmaking.

Right now, we have the current rank system of Ranks 20-1.

Whilst I know a lot of people say "ranks don't matter" which I partially agree with, once MMR is introduced, this rank will literally mean... nothing.

What i'm trying to get at is, seeing your Rank felt like something you could be proud of, show off and play towards. The satisfaction and excitement of getting into red ranks for the first time/again, the satisfaction of hitting Rank 1 for the first time/again, with MMR, that excitement will be gone because there's just a hidden number that we can't show off.

Sure, we have Rank Rewards to accompany this, but after years of waiting for Rank Rewards... they're extremely underwhelming. 250,000 Bloodpoints is all you get for reaching Rank 1 on one side each month. And not to mention, now you're being reset back to Rank 20 every month too, making it even more difficult to get back to Rank 1, meaning you have to play an absolute ton just to be rewarded with 250,000 BP that will be spent in 2 mins on 5-6 bloodwebs at most. Sure, you can play Survivor too to get 500k BP, but then you have to play double the games because of both Survivor and Killer.

MMR just isn't healthy for this game at all.

Comments

  • Of course it's healthy for the game.

    I may be a red rank killer on most killers, but I couldn't hit a single person when using nurse or blight.

    So why do I need to be put in with red rank survivors when using a killer I can't even use? Because my game shows me as a red rank killer? No us killers shouldn't be punished for trying new killers out or trying to get better with them.

  • MMR is healthy for the game. Right now, RANKS MEAN NOTHING. As long as you have a lot of time to play the game you can easily reach red ranks, when you do the matchmake doesn't pair you with red ranks anyway or anything. Damn, my matches be looking like a ######### rainbow over here. MMR will honestly be one of the best changes to me personally, i believe this anyway.