Are Silly Palettes Intentional?

I've noticed people mention them. Now I haven't played the PTB but I've been brought up to speed on them.

What...what's the deal there? Are they intentionally "silly?" Are they bugs? Are they the result of poor planning? I don't really understand the purpose of including them. Do the devs expect us to use these in a legitimate or helpful way or...?

I just don't get it.

Comments

  • Because of bloodlust it makes those pallets inherently favorable for the killer

  • Every pallet is useful no matter how unsafe it is. You can always get a stun or use it to prevent the killer's power, possibly even mindgame it in some way, depending on FOV.

    Ofc, if you use them while injured, that's just silly and anyone doing so should be ashamed of themselfs.

  • @Kebek said:

    Every pallet is useful no matter how unsafe it is. You can always get a stun or use it to prevent the killer's power, possibly even mindgame it in some way, depending on FOV.

    Ofc, if you use them while injured, that's just silly and anyone doing so should be ashamed of themselfs.

    How would you use the pallet in ormond which is literally in between two mini tables? Or a better example would be in the ptb version of crotus prenn there was a pallet between a single tree and a long brick wall.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1906834#Comment_1906834

    How would you use the pallet in ormond which is literally in between two mini tables? Or a better example would be in the ptb version of crotus prenn there was a pallet between a single tree and a long brick wall.

    Cheeky stun maybe? They are pretty terrible.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1906834#Comment_1906834

    How would you use the pallet in ormond which is literally in between two mini tables? Or a better example would be in the ptb version of crotus prenn there was a pallet between a single tree and a long brick wall.

    You mean the possibly single one weakest pallet in the game you just mentioned ? I certainly wouldn't use it when injured or vs M1 instadowning killer that's for sure.

    And asking how would I use a pallet to juke X killer is pretty silly. That depends on the match, the killer, the player, etc. It's a pallet, make killer second guess themselfs and with pinpoint reactions get a stun and make distance. I can't really pull out a foolproof juke out of my sleeve you know.