Why is nothing being done about cheaters?

The same mods are being used now that were being used years ago. Teleporting, being able to walk through walls, attacks w/o cooldowns, stacking perks and so forth. The EAC is a joke that can't detect the incredibly easy to detect anomalies in the game. The types of mods I see getting used ARE easy to detect. ######### that I see stopped on community ran game servers because they actually develop a script to detect impossible situations by. Go figure those servers I played on also had a script to stop people from having insanely high ms (500+ms for example) from being on the server by having an auto kick. So how the hell is that possible on community ran servers that rely on donations (Referring to SAMP/RageMP/MTA servers btw) but not on a game's official servers?

Comments

  • it's been so long since the PTB without the live update and supposedly it's getting delayed one more week, maybe there's actual more anticheat sytem being developed ingame, they just wont release anti cheats in a non programmed patch having other pending knowing how easily they can ######### up any update for 8 platforms in total

  • @Ohnoes said:

    The same mods are being used now that were being used years ago. Teleporting, being able to walk through walls, attacks w/o cooldowns, stacking perks and so forth. The EAC is a joke that can't detect the incredibly easy to detect anomalies in the game. The types of mods I see getting used ARE easy to detect. ######### that I see stopped on community ran game servers because they actually develop a script to detect impossible situations by. Go figure those servers I played on also had a script to stop people from having insanely high ms (500+ms for example) from being on the server by having an auto kick. So how the hell is that possible on community ran servers that rely on donations (Referring to SAMP/RageMP/MTA servers btw) but not on a game's official servers?

    I don't know it's really kind of rampant, I've had to stop crossplay because of these issues,and unfortunately I'm still running into the same problem but not as often.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    it's been so long since the PTB without the live update and supposedly it's getting delayed one more week, maybe there's actual more anticheat sytem being developed ingame, they just wont release anti cheats in a non programmed patch having other pending knowing how easily they can ######### up any update for 8 platforms in total

    Devs don't develop the anticheat since it's not theirs they're just using it.

    EAC is one of the worst anticheat I worked with so not shocking.

    The devs could do something about it like add an alert if someone is too high or moving too fast and bump it up so no report is needed and it gets priority when they watch it, if they watch it but doubt it considering only 1/12 obvious cheaters with video proof were banned.

  • @Klakky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1902740#Comment_1902740

    Devs don't develop the anticheat since it's not theirs they're just using it.

    EAC is one of the worst anticheat I worked with so not shocking.

    The devs could do something about it like add an alert if someone is too high or moving too fast and bump it up so no report is needed and it gets priority when they watch it, if they watch it but doubt it considering only 1/12 obvious cheaters with video proof were banned.

    they perfectly can develop any mechanic to force a player DC with strange gameplay behavior, and yes, they do keep track of everything, even for tbags

  • I got crossplay on don't see to much cheating but I also don't play as much now either.