Clown + Zanshin Tactics (an excellent training tool).
Let’s be real. In a game where information is king, this still doesn’t make Zanshin Tactics a particularly great perk.
That said though, for players that struggle to do well with Clown, Zanshin Tactics is an extraordinary training tool.
There are many perks that synergise well with a killers power, but I cannot think of a single perk that helps a player better learn how to use a killers power like pairing Zanshin Tactics on Clown.
And even after getting well versed in using Clowns bottles, ZT is still a handy perk to throw on every once in a while in a build where you can’t think of a 4th perk to chuck on.
How does ZT help Clown?
When a survivor approaches a tile with a great deal of LoS blockers (most jungle gyms, L T walls, indoor maps/areas), ZT gives Clown the information he needs to determine the likely direction a survivor is intending to run the loop (based on Pallet and Vault placement), and thus which wall he should lob a bottle over into the loop as he and the survivor approach it, and whether to continue the chase by directly following the survivor or whether to circle around and enter the loop via another opening.
Basically it helps you see where to gas well in advance to cut survivors off with a hit before they even reach the intended pallet or vault.
If you’re a player determined to stick it out with Clown, and learn how to get better with his anti loop, Zanshin Tactics helps Clown A LOT.
Comments
I think a way better training tool would be the expanded gas area addons, then you don’t need to be particularly accurate at all and can just cover the entire loop in gas.
I don’t think clown can afford to run such a weak perk, and I doubt new killers will have access to it anyways.
Probably about the only killer I can see ZT being worth it on is Pyramid Head, but even then “I’m all ears” just does a better job.
As a seasoned Clown main, I know what I’m talking about.
I agree, it's almost akin to running the plaid flannel on Nurse in terms of training wheels. It's a shame that Zanshin Tactics and by extension Windows of Opportunity are locked behind DLCs instead of being base perks. They really are great tools for beginners but hold little value for veterans.
Zanshin tactics needs it's cooldown reduced or removed. After the first hit it's pretty much inactive and quite useless. It does give you some early info about where loops are but it's definitely not worth a perk slot. I understand why windows of opportunity has a cooldown but why zanshin?
About the Zanshin Tactics vs Windows of Opportunity thing. I created a thread about it a while ago as I wondered why the survivor version of the same perk has a 10 seconds shorter cooldown... In a 4 v 1 game.
Needless to say the devs didn't comment on the topic.
Zanshin Tactics absolutely and entirely deserves to have NO cooldown at all. It's just a mild information perk afterall.