When Red Ranks tell you they're surprised at you...

We all know those times of day when the matchmaking is all over the place more than usual.

And recently I had two... let's say weird... encounters.

One was against a Michael with tombstone... I was the first to get killed, but stuck around till the endgame chat, because there was a lot of salt... which quickly faded however when the Michael told me that looking back he would have let me go, not cause of the rank, but cause I was the ONLY survivor who tried to break the LoS and not have him stalk off me.

Second encounter was when I was playing Deathslinger and a two-men red/purple swf was (pleasantly) surprised that I did decently well with a build that didn't contain Noed, Ruin/undying, M&A, Stbfl or any of the common perks.


I'm starting to think a lot of the meta stuff, be it builds and tactis, especially those a lot of people declare 'best/true way of playing' are... prolly not as clever/great as people think...

Comments

  • The problem with meta perks is a lot of them can be subjective as to if you get any use of them or not. Like if a survivor brings ds unbreakable but they go against a decent killer who's winning and doesn't have the need to tunnel then they don't get use out of ds and don't get slugged so no unbreakable either. Same for ruin undying or other hexes some matches survivors just don't go for totems and others they get them all.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    The problem with meta perks is a lot of them can be subjective as to if you get any use of them or not. Like if a survivor brings ds unbreakable but they go against a decent killer who's winning and doesn't have the need to tunnel then they don't get use out of ds and don't get slugged so no unbreakable either. Same for ruin undying or other hexes some matches survivors just don't go for totems and others they get them all.

    I would not consider that a problem, at least not when talking about the Perks you mentioned. I am not running Unbreakable, but I run DS and the games were I am not able to use it are usually good games, even when I die. Because the Killer was not tunneling during those games and it is fun to go against a decent Killer who does not need to tunnel the first person out of the game ASAP.

    For Ruin/Undying, I never see that Survivors dont go for Totems, you only have the luxury of ignoring the Totems when the Killer is bad, which means that he cannot force people off Gens, which results in Ruin doing nothing.


    @Topic:

    Well, regarding the Tombstone, this just highlights the problem if this Add On. You did the best you could to avoid it, the others were happily giving him Stalk.... Great.

    Regarding Perks, the Meta Perks are usually what is expected. Like, I am surprised if a Deathslinger does not have M&A. But I think at least on the stronger Killers, you dont need Meta-Perks. And I also think that no Killer needs to stack more than 1 Slowdown-Perk.

    And that you can win without Meta-Perks, good players like Otz are showing that. But it is nice if people actually acknowledge it when the other side plays well, always happy to see that.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894834#Comment_1894834

    I would not consider that a problem, at least not when talking about the Perks you mentioned. I am not running Unbreakable, but I run DS and the games were I am not able to use it are usually good games, even when I die. Because the Killer was not tunneling during those games and it is fun to go against a decent Killer who does not need to tunnel the first person out of the game ASAP.

    For Ruin/Undying, I never see that Survivors dont go for Totems, you only have the luxury of ignoring the Totems when the Killer is bad, which means that he cannot force people off Gens, which results in Ruin doing nothing.

    @Topic:

    Well, regarding the Tombstone, this just highlights the problem if this Add On. You did the best you could to avoid it, the others were happily giving him Stalk.... Great.

    Regarding Perks, the Meta Perks are usually what is expected. Like, I am surprised if a Deathslinger does not have M&A. But I think at least on the stronger Killers, you dont need Meta-Perks. And I also think that no Killer needs to stack more than 1 Slowdown-Perk.

    And that you can win without Meta-Perks, good players like Otz are showing that. But it is nice if people actually acknowledge it when the other side plays well, always happy to see that.

    I agree if I'm playing survivor and being ds it's the only perk I ever bring that I'm happy if I don't have to use it. But that's my point it's considered a meta perk but yet in some matches the only thing it does is take up a perk slot.