PTB related topic.

Would it be possible if PTB Patches were showcased a month earlier then the expected release and during that time behavior would take feedback from the community on changes and things before that chapter is even set in stone to be released instead of the developers only having 5 days to adjust patches they would have a whole month ahead of time to do so. Is this possible or something Behavior isn't able to do?


The amount of changes and bug fixes that could happen in a month before a chapter went live would be super healthy for the game keep in mind if behavior doesn't want to show chapters early they don't have to but they can show everything else that would normally be in patch notes this would catch a lot of early problems and allow behavior time to adjust things to their liking and also allowing the community to actually feel their feedback matters a lot more with how it is currently a lot of things are never fixed before it goes live and that upsets a ton of players giving them a whole month to work with the community to iron out things that cause issues before a patch goes live would actually make people feel like PTB's in this game actually matter.

Comments

  • I guess it depends on how far into development they are a month prior to a ptb. Besides, although BHVR does listen they often don't make any changes between ptb and live servers then patch things up in hotfixes weeks after the release so personally I don't see any benefit. I think they should revert it back to one week in between with how little they accomplish in the two weeks. Then again I'm not a programmer so idk how long the stuff they do actually takes and the complexity of it.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    I guess it depends on how far into development they are a month prior to a ptb. Besides, although BHVR does listen they often don't make any changes between ptb and live servers then patch things up in hotfixes weeks after the release so personally I don't see any benefit. I think they should revert it back to one week in between with how little they accomplish in the two weeks. Then again I'm not a programmer so idk how long the stuff they do actually takes and the complexity of it.

    The whole idea is the patch would be shown a month prior without the new killer/survivor of course as they like to keep that secret but the idea is for behavior to better catch things early with how it is. I could be wrong but i heard between ptb to live servers they only have 5 or so days to make changes before they have to lock in the patch which is why most things in this game release bugged to kingdom come. The idea here is to give them more then enough time prior to catch things early by opening the PTB and allowing players to play and catch things early meaning the whole hotfixing thing wouldn't need to happen as much and the community would feel their feedback is actually being used from PTB to Live. This also would be banking the patch is playable a month before release which you are correct hope someone from behavior could clarify but it's all good if they can't.