Multiple Different Generator Checks

Something I think would be interesting and may liven up the game a bit would be alternate generate skill checks.

We have one skill check: C I R C O L E

But what if there were more types of skill checks? Think about it: Veteran players hear that impending skill check noise and are like okay let's peep that circle, alright done, back to business as usual. It's difficult for new players but then, what isn't?

So suppose we had more, we would have to pay more attention to what it might be, I figure there are three ways of doing this:

1) All generators have a specific skill check type, locked to them, these are distinguished by color for survivors (auras are unchanged) while yellow generators can be all of them.

2) All generators have a specific check type locked them but are not distinguished by color, meaning if you don't want a certain check, remember which is which by location. Yellow generators can be all of them.

3) All generators randomly select a skill check type each time one appears, these generators are not distinguished by colors.

The way I see it is (in order from top to bottom): Players can pick and choose what gens to do, must memorize which gens they do not want to do, or must pay more attention to the gen than they currently must.

My personal favorite would have to be the last, as it give survivors more to do without giving them more tasks to do. I feel like the devs who usually like to cater to newer players to keep them, would likely go for the first option though, which would not impact veteran players and would not increase or change their potential enjoyment, which would fade with players as time went on.

Comments