Question for Killers

Why do you enjoy ruining someone else's game? What is fun about it? Why do you take pleasure from it?

I'll be honest, today was kind of a crap day overall, but then I get on DbD just to mess around and get some scares or something and keep running into the same killers who decide to 1. [BAD WORD] talk me after match for dying and 2. tunnel, camp, and mori me every time we run into each other. Then, when I get out of match, they gloat about tunneling me off hook and killing me right after second. They tell me horrible things. And I'm already not feeling great, and suddenly I can't play my game to the best of my ability because I have these people who want nothing but to bully someone who has little to no control over it. DS works once. Unbreakable works once. Nothing, not Borrowed Time or all the pallets or doing whatever I can to loop for even a short time, can stop this.

I don't want you giving me lists of perks to use against them. I don't want you telling me to just play with friends. I sure as [BAD WORD] don't want you telling me to just DC. You all know you don't mean it, or you wouldn't be in here throwing temper tantrums about those very things every day. I just want to know why, in your heart of hearts, you think it's okay to be malicious to other players and ruin their game. Why you think singling out a person over and over is acceptable behavior. Is it just because you know there are no consequences? Are you genuinely that mean?

If you come in here just to bully me further for having a hard time, I'm fully prepared to flag and report you. I'm not in the mood to deal with more of this when I can't even have a match where I get over 7k points.

Comments

  • Survivors mains don't really seem to have an issue with telling me how much of a ######### baby killer i am when they send me to Haddonfield with a full man SWF or run OoO and keys. So they don't really seem concerned with my fun so why should i with the average survivor? A 3v1 is way easier than a 4v1 and someone has to get tunneled so i can have a chance at the game then so be it. If you don't want to me to tunnel i won't but when gens are done in 4 minutes and no one is healing then i don't really see the issue. I don't even think tunneling is that toxic, i've let teams 4 man bleed out on the ground while i trap farm for bp because they were being ######### heads, it's all fun and games for them until they are on the receiving end

  • Why do you assume only killers do that?

  • One thing I’ve noticed is that mostly everyone that acts that way runs DS + Unbreakable and other meta stuff. It’s because they’re ego is so huge that they need to bully killers to make them feel better about themselves.

  • Something similar happened to me earlier. Ran a Plague through four gens. The basement camped me, hitting me repeatedly on hook during the fifth, and proceeded to trashtalk in end game chat. I can only assume she was mad that she couldn't use her Mori but that still feels over the top.

    I had three other games, legit face camped by a pig in one, the other was a wraith who facecamped my teammate. (Both legit standing in front of the hook like guard dogs)

    I had one Pyramid Head who played fairly and was a decent person during end game. Unfortunately he was the minority.


    I took a month long break or so and just returned to find things haven't changed much.

  • @Hex_UrbanEvasion said:

    Why do you enjoy ruining someone else's game? What is fun about it? Why do you take pleasure from it?

    I'll be honest, today was kind of a crap day overall, but then I get on DbD just to mess around and get some scares or something and keep running into the same killers who decide to 1. [BAD WORD] talk me after match for dying and 2. tunnel, camp, and mori me every time we run into each other. Then, when I get out of match, they gloat about tunneling me off hook and killing me right after second. They tell me horrible things. And I'm already not feeling great, and suddenly I can't play my game to the best of my ability because I have these people who want nothing but to bully someone who has little to no control over it. DS works once. Unbreakable works once. Nothing, not Borrowed Time or all the pallets or doing whatever I can to loop for even a short time, can stop this.

    I don't want you giving me lists of perks to use against them. I don't want you telling me to just play with friends. I sure as [BAD WORD] don't want you telling me to just DC. You all know you don't mean it, or you wouldn't be in here throwing temper tantrums about those very things every day. I just want to know why, in your heart of hearts, you think it's okay to be malicious to other players and ruin their game. Why you think singling out a person over and over is acceptable behavior. Is it just because you know there are no consequences? Are you genuinely that mean?

    If you come in here just to bully me further for having a hard time, I'm fully prepared to flag and report you. I'm not in the mood to deal with more of this when I can't even have a match where I get over 7k points.

    yeah getting into games like that really sucks, I play about 60/40 survivor and killer. I'll tell you this, I get into toxic killer matches quite a lot, It's really bad right now for some reason. It feels like more then usual. When I play killer almost every match Im in is full of survivors being toxic, tbbaging and doing things like pallet stun blinding. and body blocking. Sadly you can't win on either side when it comes to that.


    There are so many game mechanics that are broken such as vaults for survivors and grabs for killers that it can make the game unfair.


    from my experience. SOME killers complain when they can't utterly destroy a survivor team and call the game unfair. most killers point out things that need balancing and tweaking since the killer job is much more difficult with the amount of things you have to manage at once.


    Now this is based on the survivor teams I've played on and may not represent every player in the game.


    ALL of them complain about killers being over powered. yet some of them are the same people who are good at looping and when they can make the killer look like a fool and stun the hell out of them they're laughing their heads off. When they can't do it they're angry and not having fun.


    One of the may issues on both sides is arrogance. If a killer can destroy a team they'll do it and only their enjoyment matters. the same goes for survivors and less skilled killers. they'll stomp them because they can and again only their enjoyment matters. It's human nature sadly. People sometimes forget that you need both sides to actually play a game and if one side isn't having fun they won't play.


    I myself have taken long breaks from the game because I get tired of the same old song and dance. Maybe you should do that and come back after a bit and see how you feel.


    I'll end by saying this. as a survivor I'm not toxic and as a killer I'm only toxic if someone else is to me first. and that's a match by match basis I don't take my frustration out on a new team because of the last one.

1 2 ›